Growing when only posting monthly

Oscar J Stones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
I post relatively infrequently, monthly I'd like to say (yeah I know I've been on a sort of Hiatus for a while) but my videos take a long time to make so there really is no hope of posting more frequently. Do I stand any chance of growing posting as infrequently as I do?

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your videos take a long time to make then yes monthly might be what you have to do, but the thing is they better kill it on quality. Just look at the spider animation guy. It takes time between videos but he is doing really well.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I value hard work So that is something to be proud of! its hard to stay consistent sometimes. So i decided to pre make a lot of vids way head of time just in case of sickness and to take time off.[DOUBLEPOST=1523418748,1523418728][/DOUBLEPOST]I value hard work So that is something to be proud of! its hard to stay consistent sometimes. So i decided to pre make a lot of vids way head of time just in case of sickness and to take time off.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We are in the same boat dude:) My videos take a lot of time to make too and when I started my channel I had a goal of uploading a video every week...But I will never reach that goal unless I do YT fulltime (and that´s not gonna happen.....Not now anyways:)) The good news is that your channel can grow even though you post relatively infrequently... I´m getting close to 3500 subs and as long as your content is good you shouldnt worry...Think this way. yes my videos takes a lot of time to make but that´s because they are good;)

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
Content is king mate. One of my fave artist Jake Parker only posts like once every 2 months, still he is at 100k subs and growing.

MarcNL

Reaction score
I post even more infrequently then you…unfortunately, since my channel is mostly about flight reviews and I don’t exactly fly every month. But I’m still getting the views and subs. Slowly (in the case of the subs) but I’m getting there and I love making and editing the videos. So I say yes it’s possible. You post more frequent then me so if your content is good you will grow.

Oscar J Stones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
Thanks so much guys, this has helped. I know I couldn't make content that was quicker because I just couldn't live with the lower quality, so this has been very reassuring.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I follow different types of channels. The daily upload channels I follow are auto vlog types. Quick and dirty editing. I dont expect much from them.
I also follow channels that upload less frequant but I do expect the content to be of high quality to keep my subbed.