Growing channel without social media

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's always possible to grow without social media. But it would be more challenging. I would say best way if your not using social media, is to optimize your channel to allow you to rank high in the first page, tags, title, thumbnail, all that jazz. Also getting shout outs from bigger relatable channels or by friends. You can also build following through forums or collaborations. In all thought, social media does help a lot. Higher chance for virality if they're sharing your video every social platform for other eyes to see it

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow, just saw your channel. Thank you for replying! I'm doing a kid show, as well :) Is there anything other than SEO that you feel has helped you in being found?
There are so many considerations. Us kids toys channels have been having these discussions for a long time. Perhaps search out this username, also @FamilyToyReview @Stearmans Toy Review @KidsCorner and a few others. There are just so many factors, it will take pages and pages to go through it all again.

Reactions: Gamayun and Fifilu

FamilyToyReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer

Fifilu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's weird...I've started to really share my channel on my social media accounts, but numbers are staying about the same as they were before. When I look at analytics, I don't get many views from social media. So I don't know what I might be doing wrong.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
It's weird...I've started to really share my channel on my social media accounts, but numbers are staying about the same as they were before. When I look at analytics, I don't get many views from social media. So I don't know what I might be doing wrong.
Social media isn't some miracle way of getting more views n.n" it is a way to reach your target audience on a different platform and redirecting them to Youtube. So first of: have you determined your target audience? Is your target audience active on the social media platform that you are using? Are you using tags (twitter, pinterest) and groups (fb) to your advantage? You have to find the spots your potential audience is active and promote yourself there ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think starting out you need to share videos on social media to get some views, unless you use google ads.. Even though we are some, we still get traffic from the facebook, etc.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It might be a bit harder but of course you can do it:)
Especially with the help of collaborations. Collabs with bigger channels is what have helped my channel grow the mos (more than any social media facebook/reddit/twitter) getting a video featured on a bigger channel and a shout out is THE very best way to grow fast:up2:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
If your channel is for children I doubt that social media will be of much use to you.

In my experience my other social media accounts have grown because of my YouTube channel, but not the other way around. Since my channel is interesting to the business community I am in, Linked'In is a great tool for me...but Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, are not of any real benefit.