Green Screen Advice

Jared Poirier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!

I recently posted my first green screen video. I find that it looks okay for a first attempt but I am trying to get a lot better. Do you guys have an recommendations for improving the quality of greenscreen? Thanks!

- Jared

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
its perfect, what do you think you did wrong?

Jared Poirier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are some green trails when I move. There are also some problems with the background being unevenly lit. There are another of other editing mistakes in this video as well that I hope to improve in the next video.

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello Jared,

Your green screen looks good. The only problem is you're not lit properly but I don't know if you really care about that..:unsure:

Hey guys!

I recently posted my first green screen video. I find that it looks okay for a first attempt but I am trying to get a lot better. Do you guys have an recommendations for improving the quality of greenscreen? Thanks!

- Jared
Hey guys!

- Jared

Reactions: Brandon

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
To properly light a green screen you need to stand s good distance away from it (at least 5ft) and have a soft box (preferably one on box sides) lighting the green screen. You do not want the same light source lighting you AND the green screen at the same time. This is tricky, so that's why you need plenty of room to do so. Also I really dig your glasses.

Reactions: Jared Poirier

Famous

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I didn't get to watch all your Cloverfield Lane video because my internet ralphed, but from what I saw, it's better than the green screens I've seen done by major news networks. Seriously, have you seen how bad some of the green screening is on CNN and FOX? It's just awful.

I can totally understand wanting to improve your green screening skills but, I thought for a first effort you knocked it out of the park.

Jared Poirier

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey thanks a lot!

I've seen some pretty bad green screen on smaller Networks. Didn't know fox and cnn were screwing it up though.

- Jared

I didn't get to watch all your Cloverfield Lane video because my internet ralphed, but from what I saw, it's better than the green screens I've seen done by major news networks. Seriously, have you seen how bad some of the green screening is on CNN and FOX? It's just awful.

I can totally understand wanting to improve your green screening skills but, I thought for a first effort you knocked it out of the park.