Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Green Screen Advice

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Jared Poirier, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Jared Poirier
    Cash:
    $6
    Hey guys!

I recently posted my first green screen video. I find that it looks okay for a first attempt but I am trying to get a lot better. Do you guys have an recommendations for improving the quality of greenscreen? Thanks!

- Jared

2. bigattck
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $39
    its perfect, what do you think you did wrong?

3. Jared Poirier
    Cash:
    $6
    There are some green trails when I move. There are also some problems with the background being unevenly lit. There are another of other editing mistakes in this video as well that I hope to improve in the next video.

4. veronica33067
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $41
    Hello Jared,

Your green screen looks good. The only problem is you're not lit properly but I don't know if you really care about that..:unsure:

Brandon likes this.
  5. Brandon
    VISUAL.
    Cash:
    $56
    To properly light a green screen you need to stand s good distance away from it (at least 5ft) and have a soft box (preferably one on box sides) lighting the green screen. You do not want the same light source lighting you AND the green screen at the same time. This is tricky, so that's why you need plenty of room to do so. Also I really dig your glasses.

Jared Poirier likes this.
  6. Famous
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $150
    I didn't get to watch all your Cloverfield Lane video because my internet ralphed, but from what I saw, it's better than the green screens I've seen done by major news networks. Seriously, have you seen how bad some of the green screening is on CNN and FOX? It's just awful.

I can totally understand wanting to improve your green screening skills but, I thought for a first effort you knocked it out of the park.

7. Jared Poirier
    Cash:
    $6
    Hey thanks a lot!

I've seen some pretty bad green screen on smaller Networks. Didn't know fox and cnn were screwing it up though.

- Jared