Great Videos or Great YouTube Channel?

So you have proven to us that you are good at SEO.
What are your top 3 (or more) tips to improve our SEO (In General)?

Nowhere near as good as you!

I'm lucky that I have a niche topic and very little competition, I think it is a lot tougher for people posting gaming videos, toy reviews, or cooking channels.

The point was simply to give an example of what happens when you follow basic SEO rules and what happens when you don't. Having an identical video posted at the same time on two separate channels was an interesting exercise, and the difference in views was quite extreme.

In my opinion you can get bogged down in details trying to figure out the intricacies of SEO, but if you post a good title, thorough description, and relevant tags you are on to a good start. I try to reply to all comments, comment on other people's videos when I have something worth saying, and I promote my videos on other social media channels.

From some of the posts I have seen you write, you are a far greater guru than I with a far bigger channel...I would feel like C3P0 trying to tell Yoda the best way to grip his light sabre...

Nowhere near as good as you!

I'm lucky that I have a niche topic and very little competition, I think it is a lot tougher for people posting gaming videos, toy reviews, or cooking channels.

The point was simply to give an example of what happens when you follow basic SEO rules and what happens when you don't. Having an identical video posted at the same time on two separate channels was an interesting exercise, and the difference in views was quite extreme.

In my opinion you can get bogged down in details trying to figure out the intricacies of SEO, but if you post a good title, thorough description, and relevant tags you are on to a good start. I try to reply to all comments, comment on other people's videos when I have something worth saying, and I promote my videos on other social media channels.

From some of the posts I have seen you write, you are a far greater guru than I with a far bigger channel...I would feel like C3P0 trying to tell Yoda the best way to grip his light sabre...

I dont believe myself an expert. Im OK.. I bet there is something I can learn from each and every 'YouTuber' here. YouTube itself is forever changing and evolving so we all continue to learn.

Back