Got out of Fullscreen contract and lost tons of views from suggested videos

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The "four suggested videos spots" was one of the feature you can have by joining a Network. But today it's less and less true especially since the arrival of the new size of suggested videos thumbnails on Youtube.
I have never heard anything about networks having any such control over recommended videos.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I think it's true that the first four spots become populated with your videos almost always (when the viewer is on your channel of course) if you are a Youtube partner, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sign with a network, as connecting your own Adsense to your channel makes you a Youtube Partner automatically

Reactions: markkaz

Larten

Reaction score
Hey Larten, thanks for chiming in.

Do you have any official source to link that confirms that?
As if that's the case, I don't get why networks don't explicitly promote that as it's a neat feature that can actually give an increase in views as opposed to most of the perks they usually brag about
I have never heard anything about networks having any such control over recommended videos.

I am talking from my experience. Every time I linked a channel on a Network I quickly had 4 videos suggested one above the other (not on all video, but on most of my videos). Same when I unlincked some channel from network and gone to "Adsens", few day after I lost theses 4 videos suggested one above the other on most of my videos.

But as I said it's less and less true mostly because of the new suggested videos thumbnail size.

Last edited:

Clam-

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From my experience, amount of suggested videos from my own channels depends whether I include my own channels name in one of the tags or not. If I do, there will be way more videos of mine in sidebar. Been experimenting with that for a while on multiple channels and so far so good.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I am talking from my experience. Every time I linked a channel on a Network I quickly had 4 videos suggested one above the other (not on all video, but on most of my videos). Same when I unlincked some channel from network and gone to "Adsens", few day after I lost theses 4 videos suggested one above the other on most of my videos.

But as I said it's less and less true mostly because of the new suggested videos thumbnail size.
Not sure I understood the bold part correctly, do you mean that after you linked your own Adsense the top four spots were filled again with videos from your channel?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I disagree with what the earlier posts stated. I haven't been linked to a network for over two years. I have no problem getting my videos recommended on my own channel. This has nothing to do with networks. I suspect that when the recommended videos were lost, it had more to do with YouTube re-indexing the channel because of the change in being under a different Adsense account.
06.jpg

Reactions: Scapestrato

Larten

Reaction score
Not sure I understood the bold part correctly, do you mean that after you linked your own Adsense the top four spots were filled again with videos from your channel?

No, after unlicked one of my channel from Network, I lost this feature to always have 100% of my videos in the top four spots of suggested videos.

I disagree with what the earlier posts stated. I haven't been linked to a network for over two years. I have no problem getting my videos recommended on my own channel. This has nothing to do with networks. I suspect that when the recommended videos were lost, it had more to do with YouTube re-indexing the channel because of the change in being under a different Adsense account.
View attachment 37106
Your screenshot is irrelevant because it's taken from a private video. Private video only show your own video on the suggestion part.

But anyway, as I said several time on this threard, these four suggested videos spots feature thank's to the Network is less and less true, Youtube since 1 years is dramatically changing is suggestion videos algorithm especially since the arrival of the "Up Next" feature.

Reactions: Scapestrato

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sorry, I didn't mean screenshot a scheduled video. Here is a very recent one.

I'd like to have somebody else chime in and give any validity to your claim that belonging to a network had anything to do with the recommended spots.

06.jpg

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
UPDATE: after one month, the situation has not improved, still haven't got back the top four suggested spots.

I'm in talks with some networks, I guess if I'll be able to negotiate a 100/0 cut on Adsense I'll re-join one of them.