Got out of Fullscreen contract and lost tons of views from suggested videos

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So, after I left FS and put my own adsense on one of my channel, I lost the first four suggested videos spots on the right that usually are always populated with my own channel vids (and in my experience those four spots are always reserved to videos from your own channel).

My guess is that it's just a re-adjusting thing that YT goes through when you change the Adsense connected to your channel, but can anybody that has gone through this chime in and tell me how long will this last?

Alas losing a lot of revenue because of this.

Thanks in advance!

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
this is the first I've heard of youtube changing from an adsense shift, but I'm curious as well, so bumping your post :)

Reactions: Scapestrato

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Thanks for chiming in, I'm finding real hard to dig out info on this matter, I hope it won't take more than a couple of weeks at max for things going back to normal :banghead:

Reactions: Lightsen

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My guess is that it's just a re-adjusting thing that YT goes through when you change the Adsense connected to your channel,
I would have the same opinion, that it is YouTube re-analyzing your channel because of the monetization change. I wouldn't think that it has anything to do with that network specifically.

However, check to make sure that all of your videos are monetized! I had over 70 videos that were not monetized after I unlinked. Fullscreen won't help you either...

Reactions: Scapestrato

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey markkaz, thanks for your reply.

I agree it's not because of FullScreen itself but more likely for the change in the monetization settings, but I mentioned the network name for the records.

And thanks for the heads up, already turned on the monetization on all vids as soon as FS confirmed me to have unlinked the channel.

Anyway I just wrote to YT support inside the dashboard, it said somebody will reply in one business day, I'll make sure to report back :up2:

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Got the answer, it could've not been any more generic...

Hi *** ****,

Thanks for your message!

There are many features that impact search and discoverability on YouTube. Our search rankings for channel & video discoverability are algorithmically generated, and there is no manual intervention.

Here is a short list of factors that may have an impact for creators on search rankings in YouTube (in no particular order):

Watch time - Is an important signal that users value your content.

Video title & description - Help inform users about your video.

Thumbnails - Help attract users and drive watch time

Video content - Make great content that is relevant to the users’ search query

I have attached a screenshot to show the different suggested videos on two different videos. In addition to this, I would advise you review the Creator Academy best practices, with tips and recommendation to enhance your channels search and discovery potential.

Have a great day!

Regards,

Peter

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Eh, not really. I re-replied and I got in touch with another guy, but he still was pretty generic in his answer too, though he mentioned it might have to do with the algorithm re-adjusting.

And here I was thinking that having support directly from YT would have meant precise answers and less cookie-cutter replies :rolleyes:

Reactions: markkaz

Larten

Reaction score
The "four suggested videos spots" was one of the feature you can have by joining a Network. But today it's less and less true especially since the arrival of the new size of suggested videos thumbnails on Youtube.

Also YT support team are absolutely useless, I contacted them many time and they never helped me.

Scapestrato

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Hey Larten, thanks for chiming in.

Do you have any official source to link that confirms that?
As if that's the case, I don't get why networks don't explicitly promote that as it's a neat feature that can actually give an increase in views as opposed to most of the perks they usually brag about