Got my first strike! On a video form 2 years ago. Now What?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Okay, so I got my first strike today after being with youtube since 2007. This was on a hunting video I uploaded two years ago. This video had 50,000 views.

Now I am afraid. My channel is an outdoor sports channel, I have hunting videos, fishing video and that kinds of stuff. There are millions of hunting videos on youtube. There is nothing in the TOS that says hunting videos are not allowed. I included a warning before the video starts that informed the viewer that it was a hunting video and it should the killing of animals. I don't understand this. How can a video that has been alright for two years get me a strike all of the sudden?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Because they’ve changed/tightened the rules all of a sudden.
Anything that even remotely shows blood or anything that could trigger any lame little snowflakes is at risk..
Yeah, but when dealing with old videos that were upload 2 years ago, should they give you a warning or something. They could send you an email saying something like, "This video is not in accordance with the new community guidelines. Please take it down within 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a Strike." That would have been a nice. I could understand getting a strike for something I uploaded recently, but good grief, I had forgotten all about this video. It's just wrong and unjust.

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yay! My appeal stood! Here is the response I got from youtube today.

"Thank you for submitting your video appeal to YouTube. After further review, we've determined that while your video does not violate our Community Guidelines, it may not be appropriate for a general audience. We have therefore age-restricted your video. This does not negatively impact your account standing."

Now my question is, does my strike go away? How can I find out if they removed my strike?[DOUBLEPOST=1519488825,1519487278][/DOUBLEPOST]
why you can't be friends with the animals instead?
I love animals, but I also love eating healthy. I only want to eat Free Range, Organic, Non-GMO, Naturally Raised meat. The highest quality organic meat I know of comes right out of nature itself. I take care of my wild free range livestock. I have spent years and untold amounts of money and energy improving their habitat. 90% of my land is a sanctuary that humans are not allowed into, so the animals can live in peace without disturbance. I only harvest what I need for my use, use everything I harvest, and practice selective harvesting and target only animals that need to be removed for the health of the herd.
Humans are omnivores and apex predators which eat both vegetables and meat. That is what we are. Nobody ever questions when a lion kills a Gazelle, a crocodile kills a Wildebeest, a Wolf kills a deer, or an Owl kills a mouse. Nobody ever says, "That lion should not kill that Gazelle, it is wrong. That Lion should learn to eat grass like a cow. We should make laws against Lions killing Gazelle and tell youtube to take off all videos of lions killing gazelles because they are offensive." Nobody ever says that. But for some odd reason, these same people that believe that Humans are just another animal, hold Humans to some kind of much higher standard then any other animal on earth. I just find it very hypocritical. If a person believes that humans are part of the animal kingdom just like the Lion, then they should have equal standards for both. Unless they are lying about what they believe and don't believe humans are part of the animal kingdom, then that would makes sense for their higher standards. But in this case that would make them liars with inconsistent logic.[DOUBLEPOST=1519529609][/DOUBLEPOST]How can I tell if the strike has been removed?

Jim Baugh

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Okay, so I got my first strike today after being with youtube since 2007. This was on a hunting video I uploaded two years ago. This video had 50,000 views.

Now I am afraid. My channel is an outdoor sports channel, I have hunting videos, fishing video and that kinds of stuff. There are millions of hunting videos on youtube. There is nothing in the TOS that says hunting videos are not allowed. I included a warning before the video starts that informed the viewer that it was a hunting video and it should the killing of animals. I don't understand this. How can a video that has been alright for two years get me a strike all of the sudden?
We have run into that a little. We showed how to filet a Mako Shark and it got flagged. Crazy. JB

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's not hard to tell if you have any community strikes, go into creator studio under the channel tab and it will tell you right at the top. If your ratings are green, your strikes are clean.

Digital Beast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
:( That's so sad, I'm sorry friendo. I really hope it works out for you :D

I fear the day when I get a strike, I really do hope it works out for you :/

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
:( That's so sad, I'm sorry friendo. I really hope it works out for you :D

I fear the day when I get a strike, I really do hope it works out for you :/
I have had exactly one, about 2 years ago, on a video about how I make videos, where I'm guessing that YouTube didn't like that I was linking to a company's own download page for their own free software. I can't be sure because they would never respond to me and tell me what was wrong with it. It violated no community guidelines that I can identify, the closest that I could come up with was their prohibitions on piracy, which clearly wasn't the case. So I appealed it, got no response whatsoever, but the strike ended significantly early and I haven't had any problems since.