Got my first Copyright claims ><

Curiosityo

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Gamer
Hey guys, im about to get back active on YouTube again and also here :p, just moved house so been inactive.

I wanted to record Lego Hobbit game and have 3 episodes uploaded but private. Just noticed i have theses Emails.

Hi CuriosityO,

Due to a copyright claim, your YouTube video has been blocked in some countries. This means that your video is still up on YouTube, but people in some countries may not be able to watch it.

Video title: lego1
Copyrighted song: The Dwarf Lords (Exclusive Bonus Track)
Claimed by: INgrooves

Why this can happen

• Your video might contain copyrighted content.
  • Copyright owners can choose to block YouTube videos that contain their content.

- The YouTube Team

So i searched around youtube, everyone has music still playing in there videos still so i dont know...​

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
It says blocked in some countries. That means only some countries can't watch it, you should be fine.

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's your question (if you have one) here...

Like they said, your video MIGHT be blocked in some countries, usually you'll be able to see which countries the video is not available in.

Reactions: JeriKane

Curiosityo

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm not sure what's your question (if you have one) here...

Like they said, your video MIGHT be blocked in some countries, usually you'll be able to see which countries the video is not available in.
Says its blocked in the USA

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Moved this thread to Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal discussion. :)

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Says its blocked in the USA
Is the music all that important in the scene? Or is it music you added in yourself? You should be able to either counter this (I wouldn't recommend it) or Youtube apparently has a nifty addition to its video editor, where it lets you remove the copyrighted song without removing your commentary.

Curiosityo

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Is the music all that important in the scene? Or is it music you added in yourself? You should be able to either counter this (I wouldn't recommend it) or Youtube apparently has a nifty addition to its video editor, where it lets you remove the copyrighted song without removing your commentary.
music is in game music

unknown_user7464664647

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
music is in game music
I googled it and Warner Bros. doesn't really have a policy on Let's Plays, most people just e-mail them asking for permission but seeing as your copyright comes from the company that actually released the song, it might have nothing to do with them.

Your best option would be trying to remove the song for the first episode without removing the commentary (again, Youtube lets you do that automatically) or you can email Warner Bros. if you wanna go through all that trouble.

Pancake

Lonely Weirdo
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator, Other

Curiosityo

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
INgrooves and my experience with their copyright policy

Search that in youtube