Got dropped by MCN looking for advice, it's been years.

Jsnow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes most games are indeed becoming an issue; especially when there is no direct "how to get through this level" type commentary tied to your gameplay. Go up to the Help section for YouTube and search "What Types of Content Can I Monetize?" to see what YouTube has to say on this matter.

Just yesterday, a gamer was complaining on the official Help Forum that the second he was unlinked from Curse, 99% of his content got Content ID claimed. Now it may be that it was Curse itself claiming his content by not releasing his videos from their asset pool; I will need to look into the matter further.

You are still ignoring the parts of the VRChat EULA which say "Personal Use Only", and "no public performance or display". Trying to monetize content which has those statements as part of its license is going to fail, whether or not you've had trouble to date; and when you accept the YPP agreement you represent that you have the proper rights to monetize all content you upload; not just some of it.

Ah well, it's only 6:30 AM here, and I am in no mood to argue with anyone. I'll just wait for you to post the result of your review when it finally happens; and I wish you luck.

I contacted their support to see if monitization is allowed and they said they have many youtubers and streams showing off their content. But they only said to look at other youtubers for guidance which is a weird response.

As far as the gamer complaint from curse they said it's a content i.d bug. I had the same thing happen so I had to contact curse to remove them and they did it in a day. So that guy probably had the same issue. I'll do a bit more research before the review as i did deleted some grey area videos.

Ty for the help.

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I contacted their support to see if monitization is allowed and they said they have many youtubers and streams showing off their content. But they only said to look at other youtubers for guidance which is a weird response.

As far as the gamer complaint from curse they said it's a content i.d bug. I had the same thing happen so I had to contact curse to remove them and they did it in a day. So that guy probably had the same issue. I'll do a bit more research before the review as i did deleted some grey area videos.

Ty for the help.
If it was VRChat support you contacted, did you ask if those users showing off their streams were monetizing them? This is the question you need answered in the face of that "personal use only" clause.

Good idea, doing research!

Just remember that A: Curse and YouTube are totally different entities in this regard B: Since the current rule is that one must be a direct YouTube Partner before joining an MCN, the YPP rules and policies will always take precedence C: Adsense has its own rules and acceptable content policies; so as a direct partner, you are dealing with a double rule set and finally D: If you are denied monetization on first review, YouTube will usually give you a second chance once 30 days have passed from your initial rejection.

Good luck, and keep us in the loop.

Last edited:

Jsnow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it was VRChat support you contacted, did you ask if those users showing off their streams were monetizing them? This is the question you need answered in the face of that "personal use only" clause.

Good idea, doing research!

Just remember that A: Curse and YouTube are totally different entities in this regard B: Since the current rule is that one must be a direct YouTube Partner before joining an MCN, the YPP rules and policies will always take precedence C: Adsense has its own rules and acceptable content policies; so as a direct partner, you are dealing with a double rule set and finally D: If you are denied monetization on first review, YouTube will usually give you a second chance once 30 days have passed from your initial rejection.

Good luck, and keep us in the loop.
I'll update what happens. I did end up talking to some youtubers and they said they had no issues but they did get dropped from thier network. With one actually being able to reapply and get a contract else where. Idk if he did adsense or not though. I guess i'll just submit the application and see what happens. I don't really need the money so i can wait a bit anyways if I get denied.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'll update what happens. I did end up talking to some youtubers and they said they had no issues but they did get dropped from thier network. With one actually being able to reapply and get a contract else where. Idk if he did adsense or not though. I guess i'll just submit the application and see what happens. I don't really need the money so i can wait a bit anyways if I get denied.
The rule changes initiated this January make it necessary for one to be a direct YouTube Program Partner before one will be allowed to join an MCN, unfortunately. I think one of the reasons was that MCNs were becoming havens for people who wished to avoid copyright takedowns; another was that some MCNs were accepting applications from, and onboarding channels in countries where the YouTube Partner Program wasn't available. These "loopholes" have now been closed.

Yes; let's see what happens with your application. Good luck!

Jsnow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I
The rule changes initiated this January make it necessary for one to be a direct YouTube Program Partner before one will be allowed to join an MCN, unfortunately. I think one of the reasons was that MCNs were becoming havens for people who wished to avoid copyright takedowns; another was that some MCNs were accepting applications from, and onboarding channels in countries where the YouTube Partner Program wasn't available. These "loopholes" have now been closed.

Yes; let's see what happens with your application. Good luck!
actually got in but i'm still a bit skeptical because it only took barley a day. I did some more video deleting but i guess vrchat is okay for now. While I doubt the email has any wieght to it i'll save it just incase something comes up.I did delete more videos and i still have a bunch of yellow ones almost all on dayz (zombie game) content but so far it looks good. Idk if i'll join a mcn though as now i don't see a point other than getting paypal unless i'm missing some kind of protection. Anyways ty for your help.