Got a strike for Running a Live Contest

Gamers Mark

Reaction score
Just got a strike for live streaming a legit contest to all our subscribers in which we announced the winner of $100 amazon gift card live on the air. We do this live so that people can see it's a legit contest. We also see the top streamers in the world doing this same thing. We use gleam.io for the contests which is 100% legit platform for Contests.

The video was removed and a strike given.

Just don't understand this stranglehold of control YT wants to have on everyone.

Last edited:

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
To me I see nothing wrong with a contest of this kind. To me it seems as it was "live, legal, and guaranteed" to your general audience.

Unless Youtube forbids contests now within their community guidelines. I'm not sure if they do or don't.

I do know that they allow giveaways. Many large Youtubers do random giveaways but I am unsure how the end of that process goes. =\
Maybe someone here can give more insight on this? I would love to learn more as well.

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Did it violate anything here:
support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en (sorry I can't post live links)

Gamers Mark

Reaction score
Did it violate anything here:
support.google.com/youtube/answer/1620498?hl=en (sorry I can't post live links)
We are not doing anything that violates, we do the same thing that all the top gaming channels do. If there was a policy violation anywhere Gleam.io would not even allow the action. They would pull it from the system. They did this for Instagram policy already.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
the only rule i can see you broke is II.5

You must include a legally compliant privacy notice in your Official Rules which explains how you will use any personal data you collect for the contest and adhere to that use.

Ever since the GDPR rules about cookies and persional data, many things that might not have been effected has effected people. I know gleam.io gives you data, it is part of what they advertase to it's customers.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Copyright, Claims, and Strikes discussion forum. :)