Google Plus Commenting on YouTube - ALL G+ COMMENTS POSTS HERE

Hello. I'm Keith. I have a small YT Channel with 300 subscribers. I stopped using YT after G+ forced themselves on us but my subscribers have convinced me to return. I just want to make sure I have the settings on G+ where they should be. (The settings on YT are good.)

I don't intend to use G+. I turned all of my settings and profile off or to private so if people go to my G+ page, there's basically nothing for them to click on. (Problem solved.)

But I have a question about Notifications. In settings I have everything unchecked or listed as "Only You" except the one that says, "Who can comment on your public posts?" I have "Anyone." I'm assuming this is so people can comment on my YT videos?
That's the only active setting in Notifications. The rest are essentially turned off or made private.

My problem is this: I don't want notifications for everything under the sun. I just want to be notified on YouTube -- never in e-mail -- when someone either:

1) sends me a PM,
2) comments on my videos or
3) replies to one of my comments on someone else's video.

That's it! Just like the settings used to be on YT's old comment system.

I don't want to be notified if someone mentions me, or has a photo, or +1's me (whatever that is), shares a video, adds me to circles or groups, goes to the bathroom, buys a pet rock, etc. Just on the things in bold above. Is there a way to ensure that?

Thanks folks. Greatly appreciate any help you can give.

Last edited:
@AlmostAtHome This "Notifications" setting: is it on your YT Channel settings, or your G+ settings? If it is G+, it only has to do with public posts to your G+ profile, which may have nothing to do with direct comments to your videos. Please set up your channel link in your YTTalk profile, and I may be able to assist you in checking. No notifications on channel/video comments or replies to your own video comments will ever come to your YT inbox again, I'm sorry to say.

Last edited:
EDITED POST:

Thanks anyway, UKHypnotist! It took me awhile but I got it figured out. What I want can't be done. Any personalization is gone and no longer possible. We just have to take what they give us and make the most of it.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm Keith. I have a small YT Channel with 300 subscribers. I stopped using YT after G+ forced themselves on us but my subscribers have convinced me to return. I just want to make sure I have the settings on G+ where they should be. (The settings on YT are good.)

I don't intend to use G+. I turned all of my settings and profile off or to private so if people go to my G+ page, there's basically nothing for them to click on. (Problem solved.)

But I have a question about Notifications. In settings I have everything unchecked or listed as "Only You" except the one that says, "Who can comment on your public posts?" I have "Anyone." I'm assuming this is so people can comment on my YT videos?
That's the only active setting in Notifications. The rest are essentially turned off or made private.

My problem is this: I don't want notifications for everything under the sun. I just want to be notified on YouTube -- never in e-mail -- when someone either:

1) sends me a PM,
2) comments on my videos or
3) replies to one of my comments on someone else's video.

That's it! Just like the settings used to be on YT's old comment system.

I don't want to be notified if someone mentions me, or has a photo, or +1's me (whatever that is), shares a video, adds me to circles or groups, goes to the bathroom, buys a pet rock, etc. Just on the things in bold above. Is there a way to ensure that?

Thanks folks. Greatly appreciate any help you can give.
What was the purpose of google + even getting with YouTube?

I'm pretty sure that it's here to stay... only people with google+ accounts can comment on youtube videos now... #sosad google+ annoys me terribly

A number of days ago I finally caved and created a google+ account. There were 2 people on there I knew who I could add, great, but that's a different story.

Anyway, yesterday I got caught in some odd new cycle about creating a login for youtube and somehow ended up with 3 'accounts' for youtube and a second google+ page. Eventually found how to delete the extra one and use my main login, yet it still keeps asking me to create a google+ page, which I've already done.This whole google+ thing is an utter clusterfu..... You get the point.

I'm a little late to this thread, but anyways I don't like the google plus... like most other people hahaha. But it just annoys me because I couldn't comment on anything and I didn't want to create a google account mainly because I hate having to go an confirm stuff whenever I make a new account for something. Finally I gave in and I'm glad!! I can finally comment again hahaha

EDITED POST:

Thanks anyway, UKHypnotist! It took me awhile but I got it figured out. What I want can't be done. Any personalization is gone and no longer possible. We just have to take what they give us and make the most of it.

Unfortunately yes...and just after I replied to you, I had a crash so bad that I've had to reinstall Windows twice now. I do wish you luck...I am not at all fond of Google Plus!

Here's what I'm confused about, it's been an issue for months but I'm trying to stop procrastinating on it this week cause I'm tired of not being able to reply to comments, I seem to have two accounts:

The MrCromartie1989 option has my channel. All videos, subs, etc. are on it BUT I have no option to reply to anything, can't thumbs up anything, etc.:
1s75.png

p989.png

Then the full name/e-mail option has nothing on it, 0 videos, no channel BUT I can now reply:
c08f.png

What I want to do is be able to reply with the MrCromartie1989 option. Is it because the 1989 one is a Google+ page too? I am crazy confused. Thanks for any help.

Back