Google Plus Commenting on YouTube - ALL G+ COMMENTS POSTS HERE

RadioJH

I've Got It
Reaction score
I still can't get over not getting comments through my email.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm not activating commentary on new uploads full stop. I have other channels than my main one which is on my profile here, and some of them will go totally dark in protest. If my main were not with Maker Studios and making money for me, I would leave YouTube altogether; I don't like being "force fed" Google "features".[DOUBLEPOST=1386231545,1386230623][/DOUBLEPOST]
Whether you like it or not G+ is here to stay. Get in on it and reap the benefits and growth it will bring.
NO.

Though I do have a G+ for some of my channels, I am definitely not jumping on the bloody "bandwagon". I have enough to deal with in my web life without having to manage a dozen G+ pages on top of it. And you should remember, Zaphod (how unlike the Douglas Adams character you are), that all "good sheep" end up at one of only two destinations: either A: the Shearing Shed, or B: The Slaughterhouse.

Google wants to be the next Facebook (but they want to be that with a broken system which is full of holes), and they want everyone on Google Plus not for ease of use, or any other user convenience. They want us there for the purpose of marketing demographics. I get enough SPAM in my email boxes, and enough unwanted telemarketing calls which I simply don't pick up the phone for. I do not want Google coming in and demanding my real name, my telephone numbers (which are now required if one wishes to upload videos longer than 15 minutes), and eventually my Government-issued identification.

You do know that requirement of a Government-issued ID is the next step they will most likely attempt, don't you?

Last edited:

TheDoctor_13

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Google wants to be the next Facebook (but they want to be that with a broken system which is full of holes), and they want everyone on Google Plus not for ease of use, or any other user convenience.
Facebooks "updates" are more less running it to the ground, while every Google+ usually aims for the better, and Facebook is trying to be more like Google+ in some ways. Like iOS trying to be like Android, and Android trying to be like iOS. Thats how the flipp'n system works. Facebook reached its peak, the only reason its still here is because of its install base, once that starts crumbling, it has no redeeming features.
But we're not forcing you to like G+.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Facebooks "updates" are more less running it to the ground, while every Google+ usually aims for the better, and Facebook is trying to be more like Google+ in some ways. Like iOS trying to be like Android, and Android trying to be like iOS. Thats how the flipp'n system works. Facebook reached its peak, the only reason its still here is because of its install base, once that starts crumbling, it has no redeeming features.
But we're not forcing you to like G+.
Thank you for that...lol. It would not even have to be G+ Doctor; I don't like Big Business telling me what to do full stop! And I also try to avoid Facebook but unfortunately my adult children and grandchildren won't let me...lol. If every G+ update aims for the better, then they need a "sniper scope" badly, because they seem to miss the mark every time! Don't take my word for it...just go up to Google or YouTube and search "Google Plus Sucks" and see how many hits you get.

tsk1979

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Just hate hit. Honestly. This google+ thingy has literally ruined it for me! If my plus profile shares my video, it comes as a comment. The whole "discussion" flow has gone down the drain. Why does google have to ruin everything they touch? I feel with flop google+, the only way to get advertisers to stick was to show them that google+ has active users. By creating this google+ <-> youtube thingy, now you have so much more active google social networkers.

ItsVahola

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
At first I could not STAND the fact that Youtube connected with Google plus that s**t p****d me off lol, but than I got used to it after awhile...so now I'm a bit accustomed to it all I guess. Any one else?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The only thing that I don't like is that you can tell it takes an extra moment to load comments.

Reactions: ItsVahola