Google is testing a new monetization tool - Fundo

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru

Area 120, an experimental product lab within Google, has been developing a new monetization tool for YouTube creators that appears to be gaining steam.

The product is called Fundo, and it allows creators to invite fans to virtual meet-and-greets and other online events for a fee. For instance, Roblox creator KreekCraft (753,000 subscribers) has used the service to host live video chats with subscribers and he sold tickets to the online event for $10 apiece.

A website for Fundo (https://fundo.area120.com/) — which comprises a video chat functionality, payments service, and a queue system to ensure that virtual meetings stay exclusive, according to Variety — is currently live, stating that the project is in beta and inviting interested creators to touch base with the team. A Google spokesperson confirmed the test. “One of the many projects that we’re working on within Area 120 is Fundo, an audience engagement and monetization platform for YouTube creators,” the spokesperson said. “Like other projects within Area 120, it’s a very early experiment so there aren’t many details to share right now.”

Sources:

Looks pretty cool! Thoughts?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I like that idea a lot!

I hosted a couple of webinars last year. The first was relatively successful, the second less so... This could be a great way for me to host a monthly webinar for viewers at zero cost to me and a low cost to them and interact with them.

I'll look into it now!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think that's an amazing idea!
Of course, like any system/idea it can and will probably be abused by some people, but overall I really like it, especially for people that cant for whatever reason (creator or viewer) go to conventions/meetups ect.