Google is Stealing Money From Us Youtubers !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I already observed it several times that they took money again from me.
An example:
1800 views, RPM 1.4€
20 minutes later: 1900 views, RPM 0.9€

So even if none of the new 100 views would have added revenue, it should have been 1.3€ or something like that. So obviously ad revenue was taken away.

However, I wouldn't say they stole it. Yes it made me a bit upset a few times but I guess it has IT reasons.
Nobody is stealing from you! You just clearly don't know how adsense works!

Reactions: The NotARubicon!

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You realise that those are not your earnings. It says in analytics itself. Those are estimated earnings.

Estimate
es·ti·mate
verb
ˈestəˌmāt/
  1. 1.
    roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.
The number you see is just an approximation. Just as your views are subject to fluctuation (as Google regularly removes fraudulent views, mistaken views, etc) this and other factors also contribute to your estimated earnings changing.

You will almost certainly lose some of your initially predicted monthly earnings because many of the views on your videos will be found to be duplicates. A lot of times viewers refresh videos tons of times to reply to comments. Then there are your own views from replying to comments or editing or updating the video. These views don't make up a large part of your views on any given video, but over a total set of monthly views it can make a big difference when these views are eventually removed by the system, especially if these views were monetised.

If you look at the days during last month on which you had the most views, you'll notice those have dropped a little too.

Last month's earnings for me dropped $6 since the last time I checked them, but I also saw a decrease in views on some of my highest earning days, confirming what I said above about it simply being due to views being removed.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the monetization forum. :)

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Nobody is stealing from you! You just clearly don't know how adsense works!
Uhm...maybe read my post again.
Or maybe you didn't understand me correctly. I agree that they didn't steal the money.
Their assumption of how much money was made through my videos was wrong, that's why they take money away again.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Uhm...maybe read my post again.
Or maybe you didn't understand me correctly. I agree that they didn't steal the money.
Their assumption of how much money was made through my videos was wrong, that's why they take money away again.
Yeah, like I said, you don't understand how Adsense works.

mortality1234

Reaction score
it is all because of you people i read your posts and i'm very disappointed, this thing never happened before and it is not normal and google knows that publishers cant say anything if they will decrease our revenue, theres too much trust in google but they are not only big company but big fraudulent company in many cases

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Following the law to legally optimize paying less tax (as virtually all companies do) is a far, far different thing from cheating/lying/violating agreements/stealing from video creators - and does not make a company "corrupt". It makes them smart and profitable.

Last edited:
Reactions: JesusGreen

nad

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yeah, like I said, you don't understand how Adsense works.
I wrote "However, I wouldn't say they stole it."
You reply to me "Nobody is stealing from you! You just clearly don't know how adsense works!"

Thats like "Today is Thursday" - "Man, what are you talking about, today is Thursday!"

Reactions: Dewmonic Abyss
Status
Not open for further replies.