Google Adwords for video?

gamerguyjoe

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I spent a 100$ (credit) from adwords. the views come in but I don't think they converted to subs very well. Also they have extremely bad audience retention rate.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I spent a 100$ (credit) from adwords. the views come in but I don't think they converted to subs very well. Also they have extremely bad audience retention rate.
That's not good! I was considering adwords until I read this.... All my videos have above average absolute and relative audience retention. and they rank well in searches for their keywords... I would not want to do anything that would harm this!

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would recommend it BUT no don't spend a penny, get a voucher they are easy to find!

Reactions: HealthyDury

SanctumGamingNetwork

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Did it get you any subscribers?
Yea it did get me quite a few subscribers, i used it on one of my subscriber giveaway videos, and one of the requirements to participate in the giveaway is to obviously be subscribed to me, So with the adwords ad running on the vid it got me over 50 subscribers :)

I would imagine it all depends on the content tho. So far adwords has worked well for me.

Discern4

Reaction score
I used AdWords a couple times and found it a bit hit-and-miss. Yes, your view count increases a bit, but I don't think I got many subscribers from it. Plus it got a bit expensive trying to keep my ad displayed on popular and relevant search words. The trick is trying to get quality views, not quantity - you want views from people that are specifically interested in your type of videos so that they will subscribe. Bang for buck is poor with AdWords.

I used Tube Toolbox a couple times and that was much more productive with many legit hits and subscribers.

mattv2099

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just did a 100$ campaign for one of my vids. Just to see WTF ??? Thought I would test it and report the results. I'm curious!