Google Adwords for video?

Reaction score
Have any of you guys paid to advertise your videos through Google Adwords?

Did you find it was effective or not really worth it?

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You read my mind! I was just about to ask about this... I was in the process of applying then I stopped.

I got offered £100 when I spend £25 ie they'll give me £100 worth of advertising for £25. I'm still not sure if I should take this up.

My friends used Facebook Ads and their 'Likes' have gone up from 300+ to 1100 and still growing as they haven't used up their credit. I wonder if Google Adwords will be anywhere as effective...

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys :)

I've decided to give it a whirl and see what happens with my one measly video I've got on my channel so far lol

From YouTube's estimations I should get around 2000 views so we'll see!

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
From a profit point of view I don't see the logic? If 50 dollars gets you 3800 views, those 3800 views earn you about 10 dollars if you are very lucky. And I would not spend money on getting views just for getting views, that seems pointless to me.

Joofville

Funny Animations
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
From a profit point of view I don't see the logic? If 50 dollars gets you 3800 views, those 3800 views earn you about 10 dollars if you are very lucky. And I would not spend money on getting views just for getting views, that seems pointless to me.
I agree, financially it makes no sense, however I think the idea is to rather get exposure and subscribers from your views.

HealthyDury

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree, financially it makes no sense, however I think the idea is to rather get exposure and subscribers from your views.
Yes that's why I would do it. My videos aren't monetized right now so I'm not trying to make any profit from the ads. My main aim would be: More views --> subscribers interested in my content.

Still really thinking about it...