Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Annotations

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by wasabiroots, Mar 16, 2017.

1. wasabiroots
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $404
    upload_2017-3-17_3-22-9.png

You would have no more choice it seems. At least it says existing annotations will remain.

Are you prepared for the change?

2. Rolz
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $5
    Yup, I prefer the end screen elements anyways!

Noobzilla likes this.
  3. Therealkojr
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $89
    I have not used annotations in a few months myself. I think the addition of end cards was an amazing thing. In a way, I am kind of sad to see a piece of youtube history go, but at the same time i am not sad at all. R.I.P. annotations

Rolz likes this.
  4. Alexander Hoff
    Super Poster
    Cash:
    $21
    I used the annotations heavily in my longest video I've ever made. It's over 6 hours and I used annotations to let people skip to wherever they wanna go. But I guess people usually just put the timestamps in the description and/or in the comments nowadays...

5. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $121
    When will they yank existing ones? End cards for life!

6. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $31
    I don't use annotations much in the first place, but I'll miss the nostalgia of them!
    But yeah, at least old ones will stay... I just wish they would implement a better alternative, since cards can only be used to link to other videos or linked websites

7. morelikecappuccino
    Be Kind: Please Rewind
    Cash:
    $58
    Ive only used one tiny sized annotation to encourage people to up their resolution. down in the bottom right hand corner

8. GucciCarry
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $52
    I use the end screens anyways, much better than annotations.

9. SephiZack
    Cash:
    $2
    As other people said, I prefer end screens. I have used annotations in only one video since I have started, so I will probably not miss them

10. DieuGirl
    Cash:
    $40
    I used to use them when putting bible verses in my videos, but since I upgraded my software, Ive been putting the bible verses VIA a text quote into the videos and completely bypassing the annotations. I pefer the end screens anyways. it looks much more professional.