Good YouTube Tags

Ruthie<3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hi I'm new here...I just wanted to know what are some good YouTube tags that help grow channels? I know it's good to tag what the video is about but does anyone have any other suggestions?

ilikepstrophies

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Highly searched or searchable words and phrases (groups of words). if the video is about lemonade stand some tags might be: how to make lemonade, how to make limeade, starting a business, my first business, starting a lemonade stand, starting a business. Think outside the general scope of the video and imagine words or group of words people type into the search box. People don't type "lemonade" when searching for lemonade stand (but include that word anyway) they type "how to...." a lot.

Ruthie<3

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you so much!! That was helpful.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I got challenged to do an Accent tag, which was fun to do. I don´t know if it will help you grow though!

Reactions: Conight

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Highly searched or searchable words and phrases (groups of words). if the video is about lemonade stand some tags might be: how to make lemonade, how to make limeade, starting a business, my first business, starting a lemonade stand, starting a business. Think outside the general scope of the video and imagine words or group of words people type into the search box. People don't type "lemonade" when searching for lemonade stand (but include that word anyway) they type "how to...." a lot.
Awesome advice! Didnt think to put phrases in tags.
Is it limited to 15 wirds or 15 tags per video?

JuriKaGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What I've been doing recently is watching similar videos like the one I'm planning to upload. TubeBuddy then shows me, I think some, of the tags that they have been using. This has given me some good ideas so far.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Also, do the phrases and whatnot, but also use wider tags like "funny", "comedy", etc after those. It supposedly helps. Or used to.