Good to change up your channel main video?

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone have any thoughts on periodically updating the main channel video? It seems like you could do that and up your views across all your videos. I am thinking of changing it since that main video I have up now has almost 300 views and all my other videos are under 200

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I switch mine up from time to time because it allows people to see older videos or ones that I think get overlooked. Can't hurt, right?!
Probably, the only downside I see is, the views on the video you had up before may slow down. There has to be a sweet spot when you can change videos and the previous one will still have momentum

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Well they get promoted and you get money from watch time and most people won't watch your main channel vid more than once. So when they click your channel and go straight to the videos tab, it'll lower the watch time and make less people truly watch it (I think that's how it works)

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i personally don't use a channel trailer. i may try one at some point but rather than using a content video. as most say its beneficial. it will likely be a short video using b roll clips from several video's and a brief explanation of what my channel is about. i think that would be most effective. iv also heard that the auto play playbacks of the channel trailer don't count towards your overall channel stats.

i don't use one because i find it a bit off putting that it auto plays, seems like when i visit a new channel page i rarely ever watch the trailer i normally pause or mute it within the first couple seconds. and then continue to browse the video tab or playlists looking for content i find interesting.