Good sites or artists to grab some background music as a bed for commentary?

Chronix

Hey guys,

So I have a video that I am in the midst of making, but I want a nice upbeat instrumental track to go underneath me speaking over a video.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a site or artist that I can look into that is royalty free (and also free if possible, if not, then as cheap as possible :) )

Our Music Box has some decent music that I think you can get for free, but I use Soundstripe :) It's $10/month but they have an awesome catalog that they update frequently!

Our Music Box has some decent music that I think you can get for free, but I use Soundstripe :) It's $10/month but they have an awesome catalog that they update frequently!
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know about Music Box and Soundstripe!

Honestly the music youtube gives you is surprisingly great. I have tons of great tracks from there the only slight downside is it might take awhile to find the one you really want but it helps because you can narrow it down by instrument, genre, mood and length.

Honestly the music youtube gives you is surprisingly great. I have tons of great tracks from there the only slight downside is it might take awhile to find the one you really want but it helps because you can narrow it down by instrument, genre, mood and length.

Yeah I noticed that YouTube do offer a huge variety of music to acompany videos so I may look into that! Although I would like a scrubber included in this feature to try and search along the songs for certain drops or different things :)

Hey Soundstripe also just started a referral program so if you're interested in using it I can get you a discount! :)

I have used ripped songs that would not be under copyright anyway (such as national anthems and folk songs) but I usually use the site incomptech, I believe newgrounds has a program in which creators can get permission from musicians in exchange for exposure, I am not sure how that crosses over however

Cheers for the replies guys. For now, I think I'm gonna use the audio that is on YouTube. Work my way through that and then branch out to these other options eventually.

Back