Good idea to have a website too?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I'm considering getting a website that corresponds to my channel. What do you guys think? It would mostly be another place to post the videos with more write-ups, and I guess blog about the process?

I'm pretty sure you need one to get a unique channel name vs the auto generated gobbledegook they give you. I can't get AM2PM.com because that is taken. I'm thinking about am2pmtwins.com or monaghantwins.com

Thoughts?
Thanks for you time.

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
An advice from me :)
You can create a blog on blogger.com. You can post blogs, it's connected with the youtube since google owns it, and it's really easy to use :up2: I'm also using to share my videos just to spread around.

Reactions: AM2PM

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey thanks,
I have a few website for some other work I do, so I have hosting. I could just buy a domain name and slap a word press site on their pretty quickly, then I can get a url that I want. Just wondering if it is worthwhile. Do you get any extra views or benefits from having a blogger site? Good luck getting to the top 100 of your s****y country!!

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
thanks man :D it was good for a couple of my vids but the traffic is not something really "big" from the website :/

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's always good to have additional income from a website, not just YouTube. Besides, it looks more professional if the domain has a .com/ .net extension.

I spend roughly $10 per year for a domain and a few hundred on a site builder, but my returns average on $400 a month.

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It's always good to have additional income from a website, not just YouTube. Besides, it looks more professional if the domain has a .com/ .net extension.

I spend roughly $10 per year for a domain and a few hundred on a site builder, but my returns average on $400 a month.
Wow! 400 a month? Is that just AdSense revenue? How many page views do you get, or is there a high click through rate? That is amazing!

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow! 400 a month? Is that just AdSense revenue? How many page views do you get, or is there a high click through rate? That is amazing!
Thanks! Yup, only from AdSense.

It usually nets several thousand views on a daily basis, and has an above average CTR since it is listed as the first result when several keywords are entered in the search.

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks! Yup, only from AdSense.

It usually nets several thousand views on a daily basis, and has an above average CTR since it is listed as the first result when several keywords are entered in the search.
That is awesome. Congrats on the success.

SkidRowTrash

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would suggest making a website for sure. I'm a webmaster myself and run a few websites for work and I just do the YT thing for fun right now. Having your videos on a website would also be good SEO and actually make your videos have a higher chance of being found by someone because of Google / YouTube's algorithm.

Geez.. maybe I should make one too, lol.