Good game to start youtube channel

Starsall

Reaction score
I know this kind of question was ask alot in the forum but can you recommend some trending game that people want to watch?

Tacrob

Reaction score
I’ve been streaming Just Cause 3 lately and it’s been getting a good response. Just Cause 4 is about to come out, so either start with 3, or 4 when it comes out. If you are wanting to really get out of the gate, you could potentially come up with a really unique JC3 challenge or funny situation and make a few 5 minute videos doing challenges and such on those. That’d prime the pump for you in the search results if you plan on jumping into JC4.

Other than that, obviously Fortnite is big, Minecraft still has a cult following, and you can always check out what big YouTubers are playing and just ride their coattales for a bit to gather steam and figure out your style.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the scripts / ideas / planning forum. :)

Tv Head Greg

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sup. In my opinion, I would start with Free to Play games. You might be able to find folks who enjoy watching you gaming channel without paying a large amount of money up front. New games cost $60 bucks or more and can be a hit or miss if you audience will watch specifically you.

Free to Play games have no upfront cost except for your time and effort. The downside is that anyone can play the same game and don't need to watch somesomeone else play the game for them. They could just play the game for themselves. It's a tough decision to find the right balance.

I hope your channel succeeds. Have a great day.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Fortnite. That will get you many views like Ninja. But in all seriousness, if you have money, best to fork out on popular recently released game examples like Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Spider-Man. Free 2 play games is difficult because anybody can play just like what the guy above say UNLESS you do something different like talk crap about it if it a bad game or give a honest review where others don't. You get the idea.

DethByChick

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly, I would recommend a game you've already played to start out with. Maybe not recently, but a game you really liked when you were younger? I also feel like you can never go wrong with horror, if you like those type of games.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly, I would recommend a game you've already played to start out with. Maybe not recently, but a game you really liked when you were younger? I also feel like you can never go wrong with horror, if you like those type of games.
Agreed. People will visit channels that have knowledge within the game so they can learn. Mine is about Warframe which isn't nearly as popular, but people come to me for advice since I have about 3500 hours in a little under two years (plus always try to get better). I *might* expand to another game, but my time is limited. I've seen Fortnite and as popular as it is, I don't see myself getting into it.

Madiisuun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
rings of elysium is a relatively new game, and i've heard that it's starting to gain traction right about now, so i would go for that! follow some gaming forums that discuss new releases and such so that you can jump on them whenever they come out!

Reactions: OldManTenno

Questionable Ole

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How about the just released Witcher game, Thornbreaker: Witcher tales?

It is supposed to be detached from Geralt story, happens in time before his trilogy adventures, and you play as a queen? And it's 2.5d and the combant is basically Gwent :D

I'm excited even writing about that :D

Reactions: OldManTenno