Good Content/Posting Daily = No Traffic??

Porcupixel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

We're new to the forum and since being on, we've reached out to get some opinions on our channel and content. Proud to say all reviews have been positive. Some critiques here and there of course, but overall people really seem to enjoy what we're putting out. We post 6 days a week so we're definitely consistent. As far as we know, we're tagging, titling, and describing our videos to the best of our abilities. We are on 3 social media platforms and try to promote ourselves as much as possible without being intrusive.

The issue is, we only get about 10 views a video on average and our sub count hasn't moved too much since we started. We don't want to make it seem like views/subs is all we care about, because at the core of it all we are just two friends who enjoying playing games together. But it would definitely be nice to be getting out to a bigger audience.

Has anyone else experienced this before? Any comments, critiques, advice would be greatly appreciated. We'll link to a video below if you want to check out one of videos.

Thanks everyone! :x32::cautious2:

Busu Gamers

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey there ! thought id throw in my two cents in.

I think the issue that you are having is defiantly something that everyone who is starting out on Youtube has to deal with and many probably feel the same. I personally started my Youtube channel with a friend as well, no more then a couple of weeks ago. Everyday we do the best we can in our power to promote and consistently upload our content. Of course in my case at least I always check our channel in an hourly bases on my phone to see if I got anymore views or subs. Personally I think these types of habits are probably something that I shouldn't do.

Before I was about to start our Youtube channel of course I did a lot of research as well. I still see some of the search terms I used in my web browser before like: "How to start a youtube channel from 0 subscribers" and "How to gain views on your youtube channel". But no matter how much I did research I think the answers I saw were pretty much the same everywhere I looked lol.

And pretty much the bottom line was that:

1. Be consistent.
2. Don't spam or post video's every and don't to sub for subs.
3. Just have fun.

And last but not least, probably the most said phrase in all these articles.

4.Don't expect your channel to blow up in a short time.

Idk, personally I keep the last two points that I made in heart all the time. To just have fun with what you are doing and don't expect your channel to blow up in popularity. These days I just try to enjoy the company of my friend playing the game most of the time.

As for the promotion, I just do a little bit everytime I have an opportunity. Smartphones are amazing inventions <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Porcupixel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there ! thought id throw in my two cents in.

I think the issue that you are having is defiantly something that everyone who is starting out on Youtube has to deal with and many probably feel the same. I personally started my Youtube channel with a friend as well, no more then a couple of weeks ago. Everyday we do the best we can in our power to promote and consistently upload our content. Of course in my case at least I always check our channel in an hourly bases on my phone to see if I got anymore views or subs. Personally I think these types of habits are probably something that I shouldn't do.

Before I was about to start our Youtube channel of course I did a lot of research as well. I still see some of the search terms I used in my web browser before like: "How to start a youtube channel from 0 subscribers" and "How to gain views on your youtube channel". But no matter how much I did research I think the answers I saw were pretty much the same everywhere I looked lol.

And pretty much the bottom line was that:

1. Be consistent.
2. Don't spam or post video's every and don't to sub for subs.
3. Just have fun.

And last but not least, probably the most said phrase in all these articles.

4.Don't expect your channel to blow up in a short time.

Idk, personally I keep the last two points that I made in heart all the time. To just have fun with what you are doing and don't expect your channel to blow up in popularity. These days I just try to enjoy the company of my friend playing the game most of the time.

As for the promotion, I just do a little bit everytime I have an opportunity. Smartphones are amazing inventions <3
This all sounds very familiar for sure lol. This isn't the first channel I've had over the years so I should really expect this. We've just put so much work into this channel and did our best to ensure everything was set up properly, was just wondering if we were missing something.

I really appreciate the advice my friend! Thanks a bunch

subtrendy

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I'd like to check out both your channels.

Busu hit the nail on the head, though. Just because you're doing everything right does not guarantee activity on your channel. Sometimes it might feel like you're just throwing gold out into the void of space, but keep at it! Building up a following can be really tough. We're sitting at just under a hundred subs after about 5 months of work, even with many of our videos getting hundreds of views. You just gotta keep at it, keep promoting and creating.

Reactions: Porcupixel