Good cameras?

Elllisaurus

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a question. For a youtube channel I need a decent camera, a good one is preferred but it's not necessary yet. I have a budget of around 400-600 euros including a stand for the camera and a good memory card.

What cameras would you recommend, and why?

Munesh Ramnarine

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
What kind of camera are you looking for? Something for vlogging, or just shooting videos in general? Btw your channel link doesn't work!

For vlogging I use a Canon Powershot (did a video test on my channel if you're interested. AMAZING zoom and great quality) around $200 usd i think, was a gift from my gf.

For shooting films and everything else, I use my Nikon D3200. Also great quality, 24 MP. Right now if you search around you can probably get it for around $300 (USD), which according to Google is around 270 Eur.

Good luck and hope I helped :)

Last edited:

thejadonmayhew

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Yeah it totally depends on what you will be using it for as the above poster said. If it's for vlogging (daily life style) then I'd recommend the Canon G7X as it's a point and shoot. It's what I'm using for my main channel currently though as I cannot afford a DSLR or anything fancy like that. It does the trick and the quality is really good in my opinion. (I don't do daily vlogging, just thought I'd point that out..)

MannyCastro

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you're just shooting video's and not really running around vlogging, a canon rebel is a decently cheap beginner dslr. They are on the Rebel t6i right now but you can probably find an earlier model like the t5i or maybe even the t4i for a lot cheaper. If you're vlogging then I would recommend a g7x, or if you're strong you can vlog Casey Neistat style and do it with a dslr as well.

Reactions: Zuo487

Skitzzy

Reaction score
It really depends on the work that you are doing. My recommendation is the Panasonic SD90. Its affordable, high definition quality, and it also has a mic input. Most camcorders under 200 dollars do not have a mic input. So having the ability to add any 3.5 mm mic on the camera is my favorite feature on the camera.you can order this camera on Ebay or Amazon, it does not matter where you buy it from due to the discontinuation of the product.

Elllisaurus

Reaction score
For the record, I am able to afford DSLR cameras and that would be my preference because I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to video quality and what not. Just need to save a few paychecks up and I am ready to go :) but thank you for all the input, guys, it really helped me.

Also, my channel probably does not work yet because I haven't posted any videos on it- meaning it's an empty channel still. I am on this forum to gather knowledge before I actually start a channel, so yeah.

Reactions: thejadonmayhew

Occasional Vlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From my research the Canon G7 X is the go to camera for a lot of YouTubers, and you should find it available for you price point. Canon have earlier this year brought out the next generation of this camera the mark II, which I have pre-ordered unfortunately at the time of writing this the release date for this camera is continuously slipping so I can't give my hands on experience of the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
"From my research the Canon G7 X is the go to camera for a lot of YouTubers,"

Looks like any other half decent bridge camera for the money. Nothing special.

I don't see any mention of a microphone input ?

My next camera will definitely have one of these - way to go if you want decent audio away from the camera.

Currently using a Nikon L820 in 1080p HD. Works OK.

Occasional Vlog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Nikon is a nice camera, bit bulky. G7 X is blessed with a 1" sensor, giving very good performance. We do a lot of videoing out and about so want something small and light, that can give excelent 1080p60 output and the G7 X (and as an alternative the Sony Cybershot RX100 III) seem to be some of the best compact cameras out there. The flip up screen is awesome too.

NuSpirit

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Will you take a lot of pictures, or is it only for recording? Because I could recommend camcorders (like Canon Legria or Sony) - they are fairly cheap (around 200-350 euros) and brings amazing quality :)