Good alternatives to Sony Vegas/Premiere?

En_crypted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
So my Laptop is pretty weak, weak enough that sometimes it would lag Sony Vegas 11.0 and on some occasions even crash it in the middle of the editing and I can't get Premiere Pro or CC cause I have a 32-bit computer
So does anyone know a good editing program that isnt like this, or atleast a version of one of these programs?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So my Laptop is pretty weak, weak enough that sometimes it would lag Sony Vegas 11.0 and on some occasions even crash it in the middle of the editing and I can't get Premiere Pro or CC cause I have a 32-bit computer
So does anyone know a good editing program that isnt like this, or atleast a version of one of these programs?
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 14. I picked this over either of those programs because of the student discount and it's easy to use. I'm not sure if a weaker computer can handle it though. I never had a chance to really overload Sony or Premiere to see how hard it is on the computer, but I know Cyberlink can bog down your computer when using a lot of effects.

En_crypted

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 14. I picked this over either of those programs because of the student discount and it's easy to use. I'm not sure if a weaker computer can handle it though. I never had a chance to really overload Sony or Premiere to see how hard it is on the computer, but I know Cyberlink can bog down your computer when using a lot of effects.
I used to use PowerDirector, it was like my situation with Sony Vegas but 10 times worse, Sony Vegas was much easier to use and lighter handle on my laptop.

bigattck

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you can find an alternative on this website: alternativeto.net/software/sony-vegas/

Reactions: En_crypted

iamvroom

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to use PowerDirector, it was like my situation with Sony Vegas but 10 times worse, Sony Vegas was much easier to use and lighter handle on my laptop.
So vegas is lighter on resources and easier to use or cyberlink? Sorry, got confused reading.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Cybelink Powerdirector is pretty heavy on the computer, even more so than Vegas. My suggestion is to dual boot your computer with Ubuntu and then install Kdenlive. It's possibly the best open source video editor available on the PC. Yes, you'll have to be a bit tech savvy but it's far worth it. I used it exclusively before switching to mac.

Reactions: En_crypted

HeadHoonter

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Camtasia studio 9
its simple and easy i started to learn to edit on it