Giving up? How do you stay motivated?

Saddy

Reaction score
So, ive been doing youtube on and off for a few years and never really took it this seriously untill this time around, but the only problem is we have flat lined on 932 subs for the last month and slowly starting to lose motivation..

What keeps you guys motivated?

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So, ive been doing youtube on and off for a few years and never really took it this seriously untill this time around, but the only problem is we have flat lined on 932 subs for the last month and slowly starting to lose motivation..

Have a look at your older videos and see how far you have come since that day. Hopefully you will see that you have improved a lot and that gives you motivation to push on and make lots more content. By the looks of things you have a great channel though, you should be really motivated because you should be proud of what you have so far :) Good luck in the future with your channel mate!

Reactions: xingcat

Dusty Santos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When watching Q&A of huge YouTubers they seem to always say that they stalled at one point or another. If they can pull through it then you can too. Count yourself lucky, I'm stuck at 15 subs! LOL

itslevy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Search for "Motivation for YouTubers" it will help you a lot. It keep me motivated.

adhdzombieslayer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
well you won't stay motivated if your heart isn't in it you should enjoy what your doing not worrying about the number of subscribers you have in time things will change but if your not motivated your videos will show that.

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
not to sound smug (meaning what i am about to say will sound smug) but i have never really had my subscriber growth stop, i have averaged 8-15 a day since i started. i can totally understand that if i did stall for a while i might struggle. i think it would only make me work harder. come up with better idea's for videos. work more on my SEO etc. i am a stubborn git and would quite enjoy the challenge.

this is a great place to start. hanging out here and chatting youtube always makes me want to create more and better videos

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think I keep up with it because it's always fun to make videos. I love to connect with other people, and I love showing channel growth, so those things are important, but the main thing that keeps me going is the fact that there's always a new idea, a new way to film, a funnier thing I could do, some new piece of information I can talk about, etc., etc., etc.

I think it really has to be about the process of creation, because if all I focused on was channel growth, it would feel like a chore and a slog all the time. I like to make videos, so I make videos.

Reactions: Lightsen

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not looking at numbers for one. Looking at those numbers is going to demotivate you further. Even if you are slow growing such as myself you can still get demotivated because channels literally take off within a few days and hit 100k subscribers.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategies & Technique Advice Forum. ^^

I think finding ways to reward yourself for making videos helps. Making videos should be fun, but sometimes there needs to be something a little extra to look forward to when making videos -- especially if they are really complex with lots of editing.

Reactions: Lightsen