Giveaway Opinions?

Jbarker91

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Last week we finally reached our goal of 150 subscribers! After only two months of consistent videos we hit that first little milestone we placed for ourselves.

When we hit 100 subscribers we did a giveaway and it went very well, but I'm wondering what all your thoughts are on if we should do one when we reach 200 or if we should wait for more?

Thanks for all the love and support in us reaching our goal of 150, seriously we couldn't do it without all of you!! :)

Monsoon

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool Idea! Im worried about the giveaway. did you announce it? I want to do one for our subs but worried we will get subs just for the giveaway and then after they will not be interactive. !50 is a great goal!

Jbarker91

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
150 subscribers is not considered an acceptable milestone for the milestone sub-forum (please see the rules: ). However, because you also asked a strategy question, I've moved it to the Strategies/Technique Advice forum. ^^
Hi KatyAdelson, I'm just curious to know what is unacceptable about it? I have seen people post about milestones for even 20 or 30 subscribers (the link I tried to post of this forum did not work so it is in the milestones forum under the title "Thanks for 20 subs") and people post for only a few hundred views. I would just like to know what wasn't acceptable, because I thought I understood the rules differently than that. Any help would be greatly appreciated![DOUBLEPOST=1471037200,1471037083][/DOUBLEPOST]
Cool Idea! Im worried about the giveaway. did you announce it? I want to do one for our subs but worried we will get subs just for the giveaway and then after they will not be interactive. !50 is a great goal!
That's a really great concern. When the giveaway was over I only had 2 people unsubscribe from our channel (Almost 80 new people subscribed during the giveaway time). This was my first time doing it, but I found it was very useful, plus the 80 was also organic and not just due to the giveaway. We also captured emails and social follows. I think maybe we'll wait until 250 subscribers to do another one, but then again I was thinking monthly would work too with the amount of sponsors that have sent product in.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi KatyAdelson, I'm just curious to know what is unacceptable about it? I have seen people post about milestones for even 20 or 30 subscribers (the link I tried to post of this forum did not work so it is in the milestones forum under the title "Thanks for 20 subs") and people post for only a few hundred views. I would just like to know what wasn't acceptable, because I thought I understood the rules differently than that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The milestone rules explain what milestone threads are acceptable to post in that forum:
http://yttalk.com/threads/milestones-forum-rules-read-before-posting.152333/

20 and 30 subscribers are acceptable milestones, so is 100 views. 100 subscribers is acceptable, but 150 is not. We have the acceptable levels to make the milestone forum more meaningful, otherwise it would get plugged up with posts like, "woot! I just got 1 more sub! that makes 96...4 more guyzz!!111!" With a bunch of spammy posts like that, no one would actually want to congratulate anyone in the milestone thread, even if they hit major milestones like 100, 1000, 100,000..etc...

Also, posts like "almost to 100!" are not allowed...it's either a milestone, or it's not. It may seem a bit harsh from a member's perspective, but having strict milestone levels is the only way to keep that forum from becoming a complete mess. =/

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I'm doing my first giveaway for my 1000th, but I'm not even making a separate video for it. I'm just putting it at the end of a typical video to reward the viewers who stayed till the end. The psychology is that they will feel more special since the offer is only for them. Also, my requirement to win the gift is to join my my mailing list which to me is even more important than subscribing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bridgette Heidi

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well congrats on 150 subs u deserve it! (= The only bad thing about giveaways is it causes dead subs(subs who only sub for giveaway and don't watch your videos). This is bad cause it doesn't really get u watch time and active viewers. But you can do it it is a good and easy way 2 get subs and views for a few videos but just remember the negative if you still do it.