Getting youtube views with adwords to increase rankings, is it worth it?

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have been researching for strategies how to get most views within the first 12-24 hours from the video is published now besides using Reddit & Google+ forums I saw that some uses google adwords to get more of the organic views & likes they need in order to get the youtube algorithm to rank their videos on the first page for their targeted keywords. There is a lot of forums who doesn't allow self-promotion, therefore, I was thinking about what other alternatives there was in order to promote your videos.

I was wondering if anybody had either experience or knowledge about this and wanted to share it?
I do know that It's not enough to only promote your videos but also important to select the keywords which no one else competes for or youtube will never rank you on the first page.
I used Adwords before and will use it in future. This is great tool for small channels.You just need to set all date for promotion of your video right and spend 5-10 dollars onece a week or so. Set a minimal bid for a view to 0.01 cent( this is the lowest price). I starting promote my videos after first 12 hours after publishing it. I do it only on my small channel, becouse for bigger channel you would not see a difference in view flow( you need 100 dollars to spend instead of $10).... I would really like to know how WolfWraith got 6000 view out of $5 so I can do it too:)...... With Adwords use coupon for the first time users and it will cut down your expense for add in the beginning. Before spending any money you need to figure out what videos of yours getting more views and why so you can make best bet in future ads.Whit all changes that happened on YT recently it will be almost impossible for small channel to get anywhere without ads.It is sad but it is true. I posted few month ago about my experiments with adwards so if you look for my old post you will find more on it. It was big conversation on this topic around July - August if I remember correctly.

PS.
Never spend a dollar if you not committed to stay on youtube .
YT It is like lottery :)
Subs irrelevant - only views counts :)

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used Adwords before and will use it in future. This is great tool for small channels.You just need to set all date for promotion of your video right and spend 5-10 dollars onece a week or so. Set a minimal bid for a view to 0.01 cent( this is the lowest price). I starting promote my videos after first 12 hours after publishing it. I do it only on my small channel, becouse for bigger channel you would not see a difference in view flow( you need 100 dollars to spend instead of $10).... I would really like to know how WolfWraith got 6000 view out of $5 so I can do it too:)...... With Adwords use coupon for the first time users and it will cut down your expense for add in the beginning. Before spending any money you need to figure out what videos of yours getting more views and why so you can make best bet in future ads.Whit all changes that happened on YT recently it will be almost impossible for small channel to get anywhere without ads.It is sad but it is true. I posted few month ago about my experiments with adwards so if you look for my old post you will find more on it. It was big conversation on this topic around July - August if I remember correctly.

PS.
Never spend a dollar if you not committed to stay on youtube .
YT It is like lottery :)
Subs irrelevant - only views counts :)
Thanks for sharing your experience :)

But I disagree with you on the last part that its almost impossible for small channel to get anywhere without ads cause I started a second channel and after publishing 9 videos I have 60 subscribers and it generates over 1100 views per month & I haven't spend a single penny on ads, it is not impossible or too late to start a new channel in 2018 ;)

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My last video was about this very subject. I got 51 subs spending £78 in my 2 week experiment. Not amazing, but I am glad I did the experiment, it means that if I had a recurring revenue stream from other areas of my "non 9-5" activity and wanted to invest in growth of my channel, I could get about 65 subs with £100 spend (if I wanted to) as a small YouTuber, I am ok with those numbers, thought they aren't amazing.

But then again, I am an AdWords pro, I have used it for about 6-7 years as part of my day job, so it's probable that I had a stronger setup... Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help!
Hi, I do have a question. How is it that what counts as a view on Adwords doesn't seem to count for YouTube's algorithm? I tried promoting with AdWords in the first 24 hours of an upload, and did get listed on the front page for my main keyword, but now that video is stuck on less than 200 views and has slipped into near-oblivion, even though AdWords shows over 700 views.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I tried it once I did not think it was worth while. I'm not paying money for low retention garbage views.