Getting youtube views with adwords to increase rankings, is it worth it?

Oliver Andersen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have been researching for strategies how to get most views within the first 12-24 hours from the video is published now besides using Reddit & Google+ forums I saw that some uses google adwords to get more of the organic views & likes they need in order to get the youtube algorithm to rank their videos on the first page for their targeted keywords. There is a lot of forums who doesn't allow self-promotion, therefore, I was thinking about what other alternatives there was in order to promote your videos.

I was wondering if anybody had either experience or knowledge about this and wanted to share it?
I do know that It's not enough to only promote your videos but also important to select the keywords which no one else competes for or youtube will never rank you on the first page.

Reactions: ReeceS

LytaneVS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have used AdWords two times and each time wasn’t worth it.

I am a smaller channel and don’t have many subs or views and the videos that I put AdWords onto went crazy in terms of views. From 20 views to 1000 and more so that’s good.
But from that I got 1-2 subs and 1-2 comments. Very little interaction from these views either and average watch time was like 10% of the video. Now it could be that the content wasn’t what people had wanted to see or that my content wasn’t good enough but I spent some good money for this and the payoff was not worth it. For a bigger channel I would think it has better effects or even from a channel that has higher quality it might work as well.
I just don’t think paying money for some extra views is worth it and you should go about getting them the old fashioned way through social media and forums and other, free, sources.

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My last video was about this very subject. I got 51 subs spending £78 in my 2 week experiment. Not amazing, but I am glad I did the experiment, it means that if I had a recurring revenue stream from other areas of my "non 9-5" activity and wanted to invest in growth of my channel, I could get about 65 subs with £100 spend (if I wanted to) as a small YouTuber, I am ok with those numbers, thought they aren't amazing.

But then again, I am an AdWords pro, I have used it for about 6-7 years as part of my day job, so it's probable that I had a stronger setup... Let me know if you have any questions, I am happy to help!

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say no. I've used it twice in the past. It seems shady. Not in the "will get you banned or against ToS sense" since it is Google's own platform but in the "I think they are paying people in poverty riddled suburbs/regions/countries to watch videos & subscribe" sense, similar to Facebook. You'll be lucky to get subscribers, which does happen, but you'll be even luckier if they're actually active.

Unless you have a big-ish budget (from what I have heard in the past yet I wanted to try my luck with a small amount) the subscribers & views you do get won't entirely be worth it. It's an investment & like any realistic investment it requires big risks. So a budget anywhere between $1000-$10000 would probably be reasonable & yield the results you're really, truly looking for.

When I did use it, I spent about $5; that got me about 6000+ views with roughly 90% watch time on an "over served" ad & some dead subscribers who happened to be subscribed to hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of other channels. You think they'll have time or even notice if my channel is in their feed? Just some food for thought, everyone's experience with it could be different, I've heard good things & bad things, you just have to use it properly & that requires money.

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Never thought about adwords, food for thought for me. i have heard of it but don't really know what it is or how it works.

WolfWraith

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Never thought about adwords, food for thought for me. i have heard of it but don't really know what it is or how it works.
It's the site people use for advertising.

The general gist is that you register with the same Google account connected to your YouTube account and in YouTube Video Manager you can choose an option via the little drop down arrow on each video that says "Promote" which is basically advertise. You select the amount you want to spend on the ad, how long you want it to run for, even where the ad will run i.e. region, channels, genres etc.... there's more options depending on how complex you want to get.

Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's the site people use for advertising.

The general gist is that you register with the same Google account connected to your YouTube account and in YouTube Video Manager you can choose an option via the little drop down arrow on each video that says "Promote" which is basically advertise. You select the amount you want to spend on the ad, how long you want it to run for, even where the ad will run i.e. region, channels, genres etc.... there's more options depending on how complex you want to get.
ok awesome maybe i should try it just out of curiosity, i can spare $5 haha! thank you :)

Reactions: ReeceS

Darren Taylor

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
think they are paying people in poverty riddled suburbs/regions/countries to watch videos & subscribe" sense, similar to Facebook. You'll be lucky to get subscribers, which does happen, but you'll be even luckier if they're actually active.
On AdWords you can target very specifically, you shouldn't even get views from any region (or even suburb!) you don't want. It isn't an easy platform to understand and quite often, if you've never done any biddable marketing online before, you will struggle to get any results from it.

If you're spending money, you definitely need to get complex and as specific as possible, Or you'll spend your hard earned cash on views in areas or on audiences that don't resonate.

Also, you don't need a big budget, AdWords is relative, if you spend $20 on 5 occasions and get 15 subs and 2000 views each time, then that consistency shows in theory you should get 30 subs and 4000 views if you spend $40 each time.