Getting your YouTube name??

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ours wasn't too bad to come up with. My boss used to always call me clueless (as I was very new to the job that I had no prior experience in) and my co-creator is russian so he's always yelling random russian phrases and one day comrade came up and so then I just put the two together. It made sense and was a pretty good depiction of our friendship and channel content.

QueenLlama

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I found it difficult but in the end I went with something close to my twitter @ which was made as a joke in the first place lmao

MrDooney

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
0 effort. My name is danny so literally all I did was make a weird name out of it, and added Mr lol

MegaHarv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been using MegaHarv since 2003 or so as a Gamertag and Internet handle. It's only been in the past few years that it's not a slam dunk guarantee to not be taken. That being said, I hate the name now. It's not so bad written but for me to say "MegaHarv' in a video the "V" sound is stunted and makes me sound unintelligent.

So to compensate for that I shoot for series names with alliterations. When in doubt, alliterations have a nice ring to them, so it may be a naming convention to consider.

GeekCheese

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I came up with the name months before we actually started our channel. I wanted to start a channel by myself for a long time, but didn't know what direction I wanted to go on. I just knew it would probably deal with gaming, books, movies, since that's what I enjoy. I thought of the name and thought it sounded good. I never did start my own channel, and one day my husband was like let's start a channel. I'm like okay haha. Then I told him what I was going to name it and he liked it.
We recently discovered that Geek Cheese is slang for the crap that builds up under computer keys.
I love it.

Linkopotamus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Man, it took us weeks to come up with our name (Smart Bomb). Well, I was the only one who contributed any thought to the matter, but anyway... I came up with a few really good ones at first, but only to find out they were already in use by other people. Strange how Youtube doesn't alert you to that or keep you from using the same name. Anyway, we ended up recording before we had a name so we had to decide on something, and I just used our initials (PS&J Show) which seemed the simple option at the time. I still wasn't happy with it though. Then I recalled in an old video game I played, Asteroids perhaps, there was a weapon called the Smart Bomb. Our channel is a gaming channel, so I thought it was cool, unique, and satisfactory. I still do, although unfortunately since we are still a small channel, searching for us mainly yields results for real life smart bomb videos :b.

P14

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Man, it took us weeks to come up with our name (Smart Bomb). Well, I was the only one who contributed any thought to the matter, but anyway... I came up with a few really good ones at first, but only to find out they were already in use by other people. Strange how Youtube doesn't alert you to that or keep you from using the same name. Anyway, we ended up recording before we had a name so we had to decide on something, and I just used our initials (PS&J Show) which seemed the simple option at the time. I still wasn't happy with it though. Then I recalled in an old video game I played, Asteroids perhaps, there was a weapon called the Smart Bomb. Our channel is a gaming channel, so I thought it was cool, unique, and satisfactory. I still do, although unfortunately since we are still a small channel, searching for us mainly yields results for real life smart bomb videos :b.
With over a billion active users lots of people will have the same name, it's inevitable. I ran a search and found at least 10 other channels with the same/similar name as you; only thing I recommend is that there are no already active YouTube channels with the same name as you that are uploading to the same niche, because that could lead to conflict.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We put zero thought into it. It was originally just an account for commenting.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I came up with the name Gaijillionaire shortly after Chamillionaire the hip hop star got big. I'm not even a hip hop fan but it just fit. It's a portmanteau of gaijin, the Japanese word for foreign and jillionaire, the richest anyone can ever be.

However I learned it's hard to spell and not everyone gets it so I shortened things on YouTube to GTV which I think works

Necrovarius

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Personally, my channel name came easy. It has been my gamer tag since college.