Getting views but subs stalled any tips?

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My videos organically are getting views now without blasting them on social media ( of course not that many yet) but still 30 views in a few hours organically for me is good. My issue is over the past two weeks or so i have only gained one sub =[ Any tips and tricks to get people to convert in to subs besides engaging content? My average watch time isnt terrible considering the length of my videos.

Any ideas will be appreciated, maybe new platforms to expose the videos on to get more traffic?

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh boy...i wish i had an answer for this one.
My channel is 2.5 years old and just today i posted about my sudden boost in subs.
My channel had some elmo vids that are popular. My vids got a ton of views from the get go, but next to 0 Subscribers...for 2.5 years.
Getting about 10 subs per 15k views. Suddenly im getting 100+ a months and growing. I did not do anything different, i have not posted any new videos for that series. It seems youtube is promoting it more for some reason.[DOUBLEPOST=1500493102,1500492985][/DOUBLEPOST]Tip wise... Just keep at it, i been doing this for 2.5 with the hopes of not getting anything in return so i don't set my expectations high at all.
But the key to youtube is simple....
a) post video
B) wait
C)WAIT SOME MORE
D) some of youre vids are more popular than others
E)Mass produced most popular video
F) this produces Evergreen content
G)Profit

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
yeah I noticed one of my videos has double the views of my others so I plan on doing more content related. Im happy im getting views, I guess its since my channel is really new i had alot of growth right away and then it stalled out and now my views are picking up but the subs are stuck. Glad to hear your growing now!

CrazFrank

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see you just started.
All you need to do is pump out more vids.
TRY and make it once per day 2 perday and no less than 1 per week.
1 a week wish is what i have been doing out of not having much time gets me subs but slowly.
I know if i do one vid a day or 2 days id be well over 1k ages ago.

Most common mistake people do its make a video and expect insta success.
Treat your videos like a plant.
gotta let it grow overtime.
Once the search engine finds it and fine tunes it search overtime, you will notice..like it or not, views will go up in general as a channel.

Reactions: Br1anL

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I can see you just started.
All you need to do is pump out more vids.
TRY and make it once per day 2 perday and no less than 1 per week.
1 a week wish is what i have been doing out of not having much time gets me subs but slowly.
I know if i do one vid a day or 2 days id be well over 1k ages ago.

Most common mistake people do its make a video and expect insta success.
Treat your videos like a plant.
gotta let it grow overtime.
Once the search engine finds it and fine tunes it search overtime, you will notice..like it or not, views will go up in general as a channel.
Yeah I wish i could do daily videos, Just dont have the time. I do atleast one a week try to do 2-3 but hasnt happened. I did film them but one corrupted one week so i uploaded two lol.

Yeah I know ill have to wait for the videos to be indexed etc. Just anxious I guess lol

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I see your channel is still quite young. People can be a bit more hesitant to sub until they are sure the channel isn't going to give up. As time goes on and so long as you continue to upload regularly, people will see you are reliable and they'll be more inclined to sub.

PS - Don't worry too much about the subs. Increasing number of views is more important and a better indicator of channel growth.

Br1anL

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I see your channel is still quite young. People can be a bit more hesitant to sub until they are sure the channel isn't going to give up. As time goes on and so long as you continue to upload regularly, people will see you are reliable and they'll be more inclined to sub.

PS - Don't worry too much about the subs. Increasing number of views is more important and a better indicator of channel growth.
I guess that makes sense. I guess thats why people say the first 100 is the hardest grind. Yeah I am getting a decent amount of views I think for my channel size and organic traffic is for sure higher than when I first started. Just gotta keep on grinding I guess.

Reactions: Crown

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos organically are getting views now without blasting them on social media ( of course not that many yet) but still 30 views in a few hours organically for me is good. My issue is over the past two weeks or so i have only gained one sub =[ Any tips and tricks to get people to convert in to subs besides engaging content? My average watch time isnt terrible considering the length of my videos.

Any ideas will be appreciated, maybe new platforms to expose the videos on to get more traffic?
Hi Brian...

I am a new youtuber as well and I am, I feel, in the same boat as you. I just keep plugging away and promoting on social media and these forums...I know thats not of advice but that is best I have. remember views are a plus and subs will come. Message me on You Tube when you have a chance.

Cheers,
Scott

Reactions: Br1anL

M82

Reaction score
man.. getting people to actually subscribe is a freakin task. you literally have to beg.

i only started subbing people last year. never really liked the idea. i just always typed in whomever i wanted to watch or they were on my front page. same with the notification button.

even big youtubers such as dantdm(over 15.8million subs) is always asking people to subscribe and hit the like button in his videos.

OldNotDead

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
man.. getting people to actually subscribe is a freakin task. you literally have to beg.

i only started subbing people last year. never really liked the idea. i just always typed in whomever i wanted to watch or they were on my front page. same with the notification button.

even big youtubers such as dantdm(over 15.8million subs) is always asking people to subscribe and hit the like button in his videos.
I ask in every video to like comment and subscribe and still very slow to grow. Beg Beg Beg. How hard is it to hit the that subscribe button? LOL...Its a task alright...funny thing is I usually subscribe back once they sub to my channel. Its a win/win for both channels. Of course I do try to comment and like the channels i subscribe to....its the right thing to do.

Cheers
Scott