deleted

Virtual Boi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would focus on the levels you can see in your video editor. The problem might not be your music at all, but your vocal tracks.

On vocal tracks, I usually add a multiband compressor to push all the vocals to around the -4.5db mark. Once you have that down, I'd start adding music with a consistent intensity. (For instance don't add anything that speeds up, gets massively louder, etc...). You might even want to play around with a compressor on the music too, but for me I just do it by ear, dragging the volumes on each clip as I listen.

Primink

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
deleted

Last edited:

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I have this problem where I suck at adding background music. I always have it either too loud or too quiet. Anyone have tips on have a consistent background music volume?
I had this problem when I would edit my videos with headphones on...the audio always felt perfect while editing, then on playback on my computer or phone it was up and down. try not using headphones to see what the experience is like for the average user

Reactions: Primink

Rubie

Reaction score
I know this isn't a single song, but youtube's create tab under creator studio has a ton of good music. I've used a couple in some of the videos I made. I usually put in the mood or genre I'm looking for, and the length of the song.