Getting the most out of YouTube Search

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Hi EVO,

Glad to hear you enjoyed your last report, please find your second one below on making to most of YouTube Search.

Mastering Search Engine Optimization (SEO):

First off, looking in the analytics report - traffic sources (for the last 90 days) 2.1% of views and 2.4% of watchtime came from YouTube Search equalling 214k views and 505k minutes watched.

Below you can see what the top search terms were:

DELETED

So how can you increase search traffic viewership?

• Double down on successful content with search traffic but also diversify into new trending topic areas.

• Make the most out of your metadata
    • Your metadata is your title, description and tags
  • The YouTube search engine reads from left to right and as it goes along your title it places decreasing importance on each subsequent word so make sure to put the key search term at the start of your title

• After your title, your description is the most important and provides the most area for improvement. This is where you can repeat the important keywords in concise and coherent sentences for example

• For your tags make sure to use the important terms and imagine if someone had to guess what your video was about and the most important parts just from the tags. It's all about classifying your video so the search engine can know what's in it.

Above all the most important thing to rank on search, suggested video and other areas will alway be watchtime.

• I can see your audience retention for the last 90 days is 22% with an average view duration of 2:04

• This could be improved, make sure to:
    • avoid any long introductions or branding intros and get straight to the heart of the video

• make the video as long as it needs to be and don't overstretch for the sake of it

Hopefully this second report has been useful please let me know if you'd like to receive more and if so feel free to suggest a topic you'd like me to cover.

Hope to speak soon!

Rollo[DOUBLEPOST=1490018682,1490009861][/DOUBLEPOST]Of course these are aimed at my content. But there is some good info in there that others can learn from.
This info has been given to me direct from YouTube/Google Employee.

Back