Getting the Cinematic look

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey ya'll I've been trying different techniques into trying to get a "cinematic" look when making videos. I've been messing around with ISO, Shutter speed and my frame-rate. All of this seems to be such a hassle when making a quality video. If you have anyways of creating this look in a simplified technique please let me know. I've left a link to my most recent video so you can get a visual representation of where i currently am at.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey ya'll I've been trying different techniques into trying to get a "cinematic" look when making videos. I've been messing around with ISO, Shutter speed and my frame-rate. All of this seems to be such a hassle when making a quality video. If you have anyways of creating this look in a simplified technique please let me know. I've left a link to my most recent video so you can get a visual representation of where i currently am at.
Well I don't see any video so I can't watch anything. What do you mean by cinematic look? I've read that 24FPS is "cinematic", but I'm not sure what they mean exactly by that. These days high frame rates make movement look smoother from what I have seen and is often used in sports, so I'm not sure what you are looking for.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
There are a lot of techniques to do this in post process. A high FPS is the most important, allowing you to get a smoother and more realistic movement in videos. Post process is where most of it comes into play, though. Color grading is important. I use Adobe Premiere and there are lots of tools and filters you can use to achieve more dramatic/contrasty colors which are more frequently used in films.

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well I don't see any video so I can't watch anything. What do you mean by cinematic look? I've read that 24FPS is "cinematic", but I'm not sure what they mean exactly by that. These days high frame rates make movement look smoother from what I have seen and is often used in sports, so I'm not sure what you are looking for.

My username is in my account. I'm not sure how to share the video on here every time i try its says to remove the embedded link. By cinematic look i'm talking about referring to the picture itself. like the shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1485895256,1485894856][/DOUBLEPOST]
There are a lot of techniques to do this in post process. A high FPS is the most important, allowing you to get a smoother and more realistic movement in videos. Post process is where most of it comes into play, though. Color grading is important. I use Adobe Premiere and there are lots of tools and filters you can use to achieve more dramatic/contrasty colors which are more frequently used in films.
I use adobe premiere as well. I tried to mess with color gradient but was very confused. Then i thought maybe it had to be in after effects[DOUBLEPOST=1485895332][/DOUBLEPOST]
The video is on my channel its on my yttalk account

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
My username is in my account. I'm not sure how to share the video on here every time i try its says to remove the embedded link. By cinematic look i'm talking about referring to the picture itself. like the shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1485895256,1485894856][/DOUBLEPOST]

I use adobe premiere as well. I tried to mess with color gradient but was very confused. Then i thought maybe it had to be in after effects[DOUBLEPOST=1485895332][/DOUBLEPOST]

The video is on my channel its on my yttalk account
After Effects is used for something completely different.. Premiere is your best bet. Practice with the Lumetri color panel and familiarize yourself.. Also look up YouTube tutorials on how to give your videos cinematic color effects in Premiere. It really is a powerful color grading tool.

crandy93

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
After Effects is used for something completely different.. Premiere is your best bet. Practice with the Lumetri color panel and familiarize yourself.. Also look up YouTube tutorials on how to give your videos cinematic color effects in Premiere. It really is a powerful color grading tool.
I'm actually currently looking at youtube videos on how to create the dark cinematic effect with a color gradient plug in for adobe premiere pro.

Reactions: Brandon

Keyser Reveal

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
in premiere go to curves>rgb curves..place 3 points fairly evenly spaced apart...grab the bottom of the line and pull it up and to the left..but not higher than the last point...it'll start to create a haze effect...you'll also want to lower the saturation a bit also. I don't have a full video demonstrating the cinematic effect but I do have a "How to shoot with a phone" video where I actually show some editing. It'll at least show the rgb curves thing..from there I think you can figure out the rest. Good luck

VirtualReale

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lighting is the most important step in getting the "cinematic look". I recently uploaded a video with a variety of lighting tips. Search on YouTube for "5 Tips for Cinematic Video Lighting" and you'll find it, or just click on my channel in my signature. Hope that helps!

entrepreneur

Reaction score
Are you talking about a cinematic effect on your video? if so i recommend sony vegas.

micelodeon

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is also a Plugin in Final Cut Pro called "Teal & Orange"

It mimics the cinematic look they used for example in the Transformers Series.

Reactions: AdventureWithMike