Getting past that 'awkward' start

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How did you all get past the awkward first few videos you did?

I have a dozen or so videos on my channel but I still feel like my commentary is somewhat awkward. I wonder if any of you folks have any tips or suggestions on how to get past it?

Cheers:thumbsup2:
Good thread post man, I feel like everyone can relate to this at some point when they started. Just keep practicing your commentary and watch over your videos to see how you sound. Once you realise what you are doing try to do things differently. All about self awareness, but as you talk more into the camera the more comfortable you will be. I'm still learning but I found that making instagram stories on a daily basis documenting what you are doing goes a really long way. It will build confidence and make you look more natural in front of camera whether it be video or just audio. I hope this helped you in some way :)

Reactions: spartanfit1

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I mean I looked at your latest videos and I dont feel they are awkward compared to others but thats probably just me. tbh I would watch your channel and thats a compliment. was just saying since you stated it still felt somewhat awkward? I dont have any tips nor tricks to say since I havent any experience but just here to give out my opinion :)
Well thank you very much for the feedback!:thumbsup2:[DOUBLEPOST=1510331377,1510331262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Good thread post man, I feel like everyone can relate to this at some point when they started. Just keep practicing your commentary and watch over your videos to see how you sound. Once you realise what you are doing try to do things differently. All about self awareness, but as you talk more into the camera the more comfortable you will be. I'm still learning but I found that making instagram stories on a daily basis documenting what you are doing goes a really long way. It will build confidence and make you look more natural in front of camera whether it be video or just audio. I hope this helped you in some way :)
Thanks for the advice dude. Much appreciated!:thumbsup2:

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Just thought that I would add that it's pretty cool to see how a YouTuber has evolved over his/her career. My advice is to leave those old/horrible videos on your videos list for everyone to laugh at:bounce:

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just thought that I would add that it's pretty cool to see how a YouTuber has evolved over his/her career. My advice is to leave those old/horrible videos on your videos list for everyone to laugh at:bounce:
Oh I definitely agree with you! even for you to look at as a flashback and cringe and/or laugh at them. :roflmao2:

Reactions: darksmokeyt