Getting on suggested videos

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Hey there,

One of my earlier videos managed to get onto someones suggested videos. I don't understand why because the only similarity they had was that they were gaming videos. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to get onto another youtubers suggested videos?

Cheers,

QP

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
well, this is thousand dollar question. Everyone would like to now how to get it for free and do not pay for ads.

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Using similar keywords, titles and keywords in the description are probably a good idea. If your video picks up even just a little, it will be suggested with similar videos. At least that's what happened to a couple of mine. Hope this helps :)

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
Are you sure your video appearing on the suggested videos of this popular video is universal? It could be possible that you viewed your video enough that it's on the suggested video on that video for you only. What does appear on suggested videos is a bit catered and some videos don't show up for other viewers.

Then there's videos that are suggested on certain videos to pretty much any viewer. Some of it is a constant & some of it is catered to the specific viewer.

Danica Christin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you sure your video appearing on the suggested videos of this popular video is universal? It could be possible that you viewed your video enough that it's on the suggested video on that video for you only. What does appear on suggested videos is a bit catered and some videos don't show up for other viewers.

Then there's videos that are suggested on certain videos to pretty much any viewer. Some of it is a constant & some of it is catered to the specific viewer.
It's worth checking that! You can go into your analytics and see which videos are suggesting your content. Or set your browser to incognito and view the video in question.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
If the title description etc magically line up then a big video will bring you some views. The only problem is big big channels have the 20 suggestions locked up as they have way more that 20 videos and each might have more watch time than your whole channel.

Reactions: satiricals

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
It's worth checking that! You can go into your analytics and see which videos are suggesting your content. Or set your browser to incognito and view the video in question.
Glad to hear that feature was added into the analytics

Ocean Chan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think if your video has been recently uploaded and is gaining traction (lots of views in a short time), and its of a similar topic, then it will appear in the suggested videos - but as a "new" video.
No idea about older uploads

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Exactly @Ocean Chan. This is what I also experience and it only works with new videos. One video that I have for SMOOTH Q gimble was getting a lot of views from appearing into suggestion part into other similar videos. But it gained a decent amount of views in the beginning and that is how the story started, now it has almost 15k views and I have only 270 subscribers. Old videos I think have very less chance to be recommended, and with new videos, problem is how to gain that traction in the beginning so when you are small everything is hard but sometimes miracle happens :)

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Thank you for all your replies! I'm still trying to get my head round how youtube works and that. I'll take all your advice into account :D