Getting Noticed On YouTube (Channel Growth)

RYANOWALLS

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This article contains tips regarding channel growth, and should help you when it comes to gaining more subscribers and receiving more viewer interaction.

There is no shortcut here. It takes time and you must take advantage of each of the methods listed below to ensure you're giving your channel the best chance at receiving regular traffic.

Regular Uploads
People are much more likely to subscribe if they see that you upload to the channel regularly. If they see that your last upload was months ago, they may feel like you're not dedicated, or have even stopped uploading completely.

Working to a schedule is a good idea. Let your audience know when you will be uploading so that they know when to come back and see what you've put up.

Short Videos

If you're just starting out on YouTube, it is really important that you make your videos short while you work on building up an audience. I would recommend lengths of between 1-3 minutes. I know this can be very difficult with certain channels (gaming especially), but it really does help.

If people don't know you, and see that you have just very few subscribers, it is very unlikely that they will sit and watch a 15 minute video on your channel. This is because they will most likely judge how interesting you are based on your subscriber and view count. It sucks, but its true! Uploading much shorter videos to start off with gives people a taster of what you're like, and helps them to decide whether or not they want to subscribe.

Nice Artwork

Create some nice artwork to go on your channel. Its one of the first things people see when visiting, so you'll want it to give a good impression!

When creating the artwork, make sure it:
- Is original
- Reflects your channel content
- Reflects your channel style (colours, fonts, graphics, etc.)
- Is good quality (blurry imagery gives a bad impression!)

You can download templates from the YouTube website.

Quality
I know good equipment can be expensive, but it really makes a difference. People are much more likely to subscribe if they see professional quality in your videos. Its just how it is!

If you can't afford a good camera (or whatever you need), try and see if you can borrow one from someone you know. If you really can't afford something that records good quality picture, just try your hardest to represent quality through your editing.

Sharing Content

Once you have some uploads on your channel, you can start sharing it with the world! One of the best things you can do here is make use of all social media platforms that are available to you. This involves Tweeting the links, joining forums, and sharing on Tumblr, Facebook, etc. I would recommend creating a Facebook page that represents your channel.

Titles & Descriptions
Give your videos interesting titles. People will click on a video if they're curious about what the title is about. However, do not make it misleading! This may result in dislikes because people were disappointed to see that you lied to them about what your video involves.

Also, never leave your video description blank. Google & YouTube display results based on a few things, and keywords is one of them! Describe what your video is about in the description, and make sure you use the most relevant keywords.

I hope these tips will be of help to you. Just remember, you won't see results straight away. You must work hard!

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
This article contains tips regarding channel growth, and should help you when it comes to gaining more subscribers and receiving more viewer interaction.

There is no shortcut here. It takes time and you must take advantage of each of the methods listed below to ensure you're giving your channel the best chance at receiving regular traffic.

Regular Uploads
People are much more likely to subscribe if they see that you upload to the channel regularly. If they see that your last upload was months ago, they may feel like you're not dedicated, or have even stopped uploading completely.

Working to a schedule is a good idea. Let your audience know when you will be uploading so that they know when to come back and see what you've put up.

Short Videos

If you're just starting out on YouTube, it is really important that you make your videos short while you work on building up an audience. I would recommend lengths of between 1-3 minutes. I know this can be very difficult with certain channels (gaming especially), but it really does help.

If people don't know you, and see that you have just very few subscribers, it is very unlikely that they will sit and watch a 15 minute video on your channel. This is because they will most likely judge how interesting you are based on your subscriber and view count. It sucks, but its true! Uploading much shorter videos to start off with gives people a taster of what you're like, and helps them to decide whether or not they want to subscribe.

Nice Artwork

Create some nice artwork to go on your channel. Its one of the first things people see when visiting, so you'll want it to give a good impression!

When creating the artwork, make sure it:
- Is original
- Reflects your channel content
- Reflects your channel style (colours, fonts, graphics, etc.)
- Is good quality (blurry imagery gives a bad impression!)

You can download templates from the YouTube website.

Quality
I know good equipment can be expensive, but it really makes a difference. People are much more likely to subscribe if they see professional quality in your videos. Its just how it is!

If you can't afford a good camera (or whatever you need), try and see if you can borrow one from someone you know. If you really can't afford something that records good quality picture, just try your hardest to represent quality through your editing.

Sharing Content

Once you have some uploads on your channel, you can start sharing it with the world! One of the best things you can do here is make use of all social media platforms that are available to you. This involves Tweeting the links, joining forums, and sharing on Tumblr, Facebook, etc. I would recommend creating a Facebook page that represents your channel.

Titles & Descriptions
Give your videos interesting titles. People will click on a video if they're curious about what the title is about. However, do not make it misleading! This may result in dislikes because people were disappointed to see that you lied to them about what your video involves.

Also, never leave your video description blank. Google & YouTube display results based on a few things, and keywords is one of them! Describe what your video is about in the description, and make sure you use the most relevant keywords.

I hope these tips will be of help to you. Just remember, you won't see results straight away. You must work hard!
Quality and titles and descriptions are important... BUT, some of my favorite subs upload at completely random times and few and far between. When they do upload it's exciting though. So yeah, upload schedules are not important to me and actually annoy me when people upload all the time.

RYANOWALLS

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Quality and titles and descriptions are important... BUT, some of my favorite subs upload at completely random times and few and far between. When they do upload it's exciting though. So yeah, upload schedules are not important to me and actually annoy me when people upload all the time.
No I agree, they're not always necessary. People I watch don't really follow schedules either, but I'm saying it can be a good idea for those starting out!

Shdwj

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you for the tips! All very helpful. I can definitely back the idea that keeping a consistent upload schedule is important (as a gaming channel especially). It's sad because there was a time I became really busy and became inactive on YouTube for a good few months, and now it's a little bit hard to get that momentum going again, especially seeing that some viewers have long moved on. But it happens, ahahaha. Thank you again for the advice!

Reactions: RYANOWALLS

Jack1505

PandaMan
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I got this all and i aint growing.
Any cheaat to get viral orrrr

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Another big tip is to put your channel name in the tag of every video you have. Works wonders

IamYogeshS

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Those are really noteworthy points. Thanks for sharing, hoping to see a lot of great tips in future.

Galvin Lee

The Unique Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I shall try to stick to this guide but indeed my channel grows as slow as a snail! :)