getting no views

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You have 7 subs and posted 3 days ago. It took my channel like 3-4 months to start being recommended by YouTube. It is really hard to get any views in the beginning as a new channel so I would recommend you stop focusing on that because you will be hitting a wall. Also, I don't know how broad the audience is for the content you make or where to find them. In the beginning I would recommend you share your video in groups or discord servers that are interested in that type of content and after that you just need to start grinding... upload, upload, upload.

Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
My new channel "Will To Triumph" is getting barely any views. I put in so much work, but thjey dont even appear in youtube's search list I guess.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaI8hrx_Tzabua3MwLKY8aw
You have 7 subs and posted 3 days ago. It took my channel like 3-4 months to start being recommended by YouTube. It is really hard to get any views in the beginning as a new channel so I would recommend you stop focusing on that because you will be hitting a wall. Also, I don't know how broad the audience is for the content you make or where to find them. In the beginning I would recommend you share your video in groups or discord servers that are interested in that type of content and after that you just need to start grinding... upload, upload, upload.
Its like GameVestment said and what I keep telling bro don't worry and keep it pushing, eventually they will see

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I haven't looked at even one video, and already, I can see multiple problems with your channel. Frankly, with the possible exception (the keyword being "possible") of the quality of your video content, you are doing NOTHING right

FEEDBACK #1: WHAT'S YOUR CHANNEL ABOUT?
First, your channel art sucks. It's harsh, but it needs to be said. The channel art suggests that you're uploading gaming videos, but none of the videos you have on your channel even remotely appear to lend themselves to that motif.

What exactly do you do on this channel? I can't seem to find any information on what exactly this channel is about without clicking on a video first (which 99.99999999999999% of youtubers aren't going to care enough to do). Your channel art needs to clearly communicate to your fans exactly what your channel is about.

Here are just a few channels who have, in my opinion, ideal channel art that succinctly communicates to people what their channel is about:

Oxhorn
RealLifeLore
GoldGlove (notice how this guy not only has text telling you what his channel is, but also has cartoonish renderings of various characters so as to go into even more detail)
Kmack Time

You also want to fill out your "about" section on your channel. This is also a great way to communicate to your audience what your channel is about. For example, SuperCarlinBrothers' "about" section says the following:

"We tend to overthink things - If it has to do with Pixar, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or Harry Potter you'll probably find it here. =D

SCHEDULE: J uploads on Tuesday Ben uploads on Thursdays"

Neglect your channel art and about section at your own peril.

FEEDBACK #2: THUMBNAILS
You appear to just be using youtube's default feature of taking a random frame from the video and just using that as the thumbnail. DO NOT DO THIS! You want nice, big, colorful thumbnails. Use bright colors. Use high contrasting colors.

Go and find this video: It is called "Tips for Making YouTube Thumbnails that Don't Suck!" by youtuber Roberto Blake. If he begins the video by saying "If there's one thing holding you back on youtube," you're in the right place.

FEEDBACK #3: ORGANIZE YOUR CHANNEL PAGE USING PLAYLISTS
All you've got is just a list of your uploads on your channel page and that's it. People don't want to have to go digging for that one diamond in the rough video they might enjoy, without any guarantee that they'll even enjoy it.

Sort your videos by subject. Then make playlists for each of those videos. Take KingK as an example. He does retrospective analyses for video games. But he has multiple playlists for "handheld Zelda retrospectives," and "Mario Party retrospectives" and "Kingdom Hearts series retrospectives." That way, newcomers to his channel can find the retrospectives they're interested in quickly and eaisly.

What do you blog about? Do you always blog about the same thing (e.g. politics)? If so, divide your videos into sub-categories (e.g. police brutality; conservative vs. liberal; what the President is doing) and make playlists for them.

FEEDBACK #4: YOUR VIDEO'S PACING AND PRODUCTION VALUE
Now, on this part, I'm speculating. But frankly, if the rest of your channel is any indication, then there is a 99.99999999% chance that your video quality is correspondingly lazy.

All you appear to be doing based on what few thumbnails you actually have is sitting in front of a camera and talking. SuperCarlinBrothers has nearly 2 million subscribers because they are doing that, but if your thumbnails are any indication, you are doing it very crappy.

First, your thumbnails suggest that you have virtually no lighting other than that provided by your regular residence. You don't have to show your face for your blog, but if you do, you need to make sure to doll yourself up. Not just your face, but your set. Nice lighting, a nice set (not necessarily a fifty thousand dollar set, but enough to make it look like you actually give a damn about the quality of your videos; not just walking around the halls of your house while your audience is subject to shaky cam out the a**.

Use jump cuts. Again, use SuperCarlinBrothers as a template. Notice how they will make a jump cut practically every six to ten seconds in order to keep things nice and fast-paced.

Correct all of these deficiencies; then get back to me.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Fost

Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
I haven't looked at even one video, and already, I can see multiple problems with your channel. Frankly, with the possible exception (the keyword being "possible") of the quality of your video content, you are doing NOTHING right

FEEDBACK #1: WHAT'S YOUR CHANNEL ABOUT?
First, your channel art sucks. It's harsh, but it needs to be said. The channel art suggests that you're uploading gaming videos, but none of the videos you have on your channel even remotely appear to lend themselves to that motif.

What exactly do you do on this channel? I can't seem to find any information on what exactly this channel is about without clicking on a video first (which 99.99999999999999% of youtubers aren't going to care enough to do). Your channel art needs to clearly communicate to your fans exactly what your channel is about.

Here are just a few channels who have, in my opinion, ideal channel art that succinctly communicates to people what their channel is about:

Oxhorn
RealLifeLore
GoldGlove (notice how this guy not only has text telling you what his channel is, but also has cartoonish renderings of various characters so as to go into even more detail)
Kmack Time

You also want to fill out your "about" section on your channel. This is also a great way to communicate to your audience what your channel is about. For example, SuperCarlinBrothers' "about" section says the following:

"We tend to overthink things - If it has to do with Pixar, Disney, Marvel, Star Wars or Harry Potter you'll probably find it here. =D

SCHEDULE: J uploads on Tuesday Ben uploads on Thursdays"

Neglect your channel art and about section at your own peril.

FEEDBACK #2: THUMBNAILS
You appear to just be using youtube's default feature of taking a random frame from the video and just using that as the thumbnail. DO NOT DO THIS! You want nice, big, colorful thumbnails. Use bright colors. Use high contrasting colors.

Go and find this video: It is called "Tips for Making YouTube Thumbnails that Don't Suck!" by youtuber Roberto Blake. If he begins the video by saying "If there's one thing holding you back on youtube," you're in the right place.

FEEDBACK #3: ORGANIZE YOUR CHANNEL PAGE USING PLAYLISTS
All you've got is just a list of your uploads on your channel page and that's it. People don't want to have to go digging for that one diamond in the rough video they might enjoy, without any guarantee that they'll even enjoy it.

Sort your videos by subject. Then make playlists for each of those videos. Take KingK as an example. He does retrospective analyses for video games. But he has multiple playlists for "handheld Zelda retrospectives," and "Mario Party retrospectives" and "Kingdom Hearts series retrospectives." That way, newcomers to his channel can find the retrospectives they're interested in quickly and eaisly.

What do you blog about? Do you always blog about the same thing (e.g. politics)? If so, divide your videos into sub-categories (e.g. police brutality; conservative vs. liberal; what the President is doing) and make playlists for them.

FEEDBACK #4: YOUR VIDEO'S PACING AND PRODUCTION VALUE
Now, on this part, I'm speculating. But frankly, if the rest of your channel is any indication, then there is a 99.99999999% chance that your video quality is correspondingly lazy.

All you appear to be doing based on what few thumbnails you actually have is sitting in front of a camera and talking. SuperCarlinBrothers has nearly 2 million subscribers because they are doing that, but if your thumbnails are any indication, you are doing it very crappy.

First, your thumbnails suggest that you have virtually no lighting other than that provided by your regular residence. You don't have to show your face for your blog, but if you do, you need to make sure to doll yourself up. Not just your face, but your set. Nice lighting, a nice set (not necessarily a fifty thousand dollar set, but enough to make it look like you actually give a damn about the quality of your videos; not just walking around the halls of your house while your audience is subject to shaky cam out the a**.

Use jump cuts. Again, use SuperCarlinBrothers as a template. Notice how they will make a jump cut practically every six to ten seconds in order to keep things nice and fast-paced.

Correct all of these deficiencies; then get back to me.
Bro chill out. I know what your probably thinking same here. but lets get back to the main point and not personal feelings or anything related to them.

Now @Plautus123 his main point is your channel seems to lack effort as far as those 4 things go. At least to him. The thing is he's not wrong, Im like that too with my channel, but I make up for it as I go along. I used to have a problem as far as my mic goes people kept telling me this but I didn't listen to them until a subscriber explained it to me in the sense of it being a technical difficulty instead of a criticism so I fixed it. You can't ever think your video or channel is perfect there's always improvement somewhere. I got vids that I don't like but my subs do.

Last edited:

Plautus123

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback for my old channel.
Now I have realized all these things about a week ago and started a new channel.
I'll link it here again:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaI8hrx_Tzabua3MwLKY8aw

I'm still having issues getting views. Yes this is my main concern, not channel art, content or anything but views.
I dojnt know if Sub4Sub helps, bc in myu experience the more subs I had the more youtube seemed to promote my videos, I got a lot more views.
And these views were not from my subs! Most of them were inactive.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ok, first, you get views by producing good content, not the other way around.

Second, you also need to look into SEO (that stands for "Search Engine Optimization"). You want to make video titles, descriptions, and tags that have highly "optimized" keywords in them. "Optimized" means that the keywords have high search volume and low competition. Use Tubebuddy to measure the level of search volume and competition that any given keyword or phrase has.

Last but not least, do not under any circumstnaces do sub4sub. That is poison to a youtube channel. From the information I can gather, your subscriber count has d**k all to do with youtube's decision to promote your videos. You say that your videos are getting promoted as you do sub4sub, but that is a logical fallacy right there: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Your videos are getting a spike in views and algorithmic promotion because your new channel is slightly (keyword being slighty) better at the various things I mentioned earlier, not simply because you have dead subscribers.

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
You should also consider promoting your videos on reddit. There are numerous subreddits where you can promote your political parody videos. Here are just a few of them:

Just remember that reddit has some rules and guidelines for self-promotion, not the least of which is that at least 9 out of 10 of your submissions must be unrelated to self-promotion: https://www.reddit.com/wiki/selfpromotion

Of course, each individual subreddit is allowed to set their own rules for self-promotion, which can be more lenient than reddit's overall guidelines. But the vast majority of subreddits follow reddit's overall guidelines because it's easier. The four subreddits I linked you to above all follow reddit's overall guidelines from what I can tell, but maybe you should contact the mods of those subreddits just to be on the safe side.

Plautus123

Reaction score
ok, but from my experience, u guys r deadly wrong.
I made several tests in the past. Every time u search something on yoiutube videos from channels with from 100subs up only will show up. That's just the reality. U wont find any videos of tiny channels. Unless u filter last few hours or somehting,