Getting Harassed by a Dislike Spammer

DreamyE7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yesterday, my 100% likes videos started to get a few dislikes. I thought it's gonna happen eventually so I didn't mind it much but increased to 4 dislikes per videos overnight. Today, the dislike spammer is still going at it and it's now at 6 dislikes per video which is starting to affect the like:dislike ratio noticeably. I don't know who the person was and my youtube channel is nothing but like a diary of what's happening to games I play so I'm pretty sure I'm not attacking anyone.

Since it's 2019, is there any new way to fix this kind of issue? It's really dirty how I can't know who the dislike spammer is and he/she's just harassing me non-stop w/o any consequences.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
First off I see it's your first post so welcome to the forums!
And about your problem, there's not much you can do to solve it instantly.

What you can do is just to be patient and wait, usually dislike spammers want a reaction and if they get none they will eventually move on to someone else. Or, you can temporarily disable likes and dislikes and re enable them at a later date, for the same reason as above. If the dislike spammers can no longer do what they came for they will eventually move on.

DreamyE7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First off I see it's your first post so welcome to the forums!
And about your problem, there's not much you can do to solve it instantly.

What you can do is just to be patient and wait, usually dislike spammers want a reaction and if they get none they will eventually move on to someone else. Or, you can temporarily disable likes and dislikes and re enable them at a later date, for the same reason as above. If the dislike spammers can no longer do what they came for they will eventually move on.
Thank you for the welcome and suggestions. I'll try that and see what happens.

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Is it still a thing that even Dislikes helps you with the algorithm?
I know that it is annoying that people does that to you, but as said, a lot of people does it to get an reaction, and when they get none, they will move on! People will also eventually get dislikes organically too!

DreamyE7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Is it still a thing that even Dislikes helps you with the algorithm?
I know that it is annoying that people does that to you, but as said, a lot of people does it to get an reaction, and when they get none, they will move on! People will also eventually get dislikes organically too!
I think some did mention that even dislikes increase the activity on your channel which helps in youtube's algorithm. I do know that some people will genuinely dislike my vid and that's unavoidable but it's almost impossible for this one to be not a harassment. All my videos that had 100% likes are now sitting at 7 dislikes consistently and it happened in less than 24 hours, there's definitely someone harassing me.

BamaGuyRTR

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Dislikes are just a reality of YouTube. It's not harassment. You're bound to have people come across your videos and either not like the content or you or both. They are just a fact of YouTube life.

Reactions: videoeditgr

DreamyE7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dislikes are just a reality of YouTube. It's not harassment. You're bound to have people come across your videos and either not like the content or you or both. They are just a fact of YouTube life.
If a certain person dislikes my video, sure, that person can dislike all my videos which means 1 dislike per video but this guy isn't stopping from just 1 dislike per video, the person is spamming dislikes on all my videos using other accounts and I know this because it's consistent, the dislikes on my video are increasing 1 by 1 and as of now, it's sitting at 8 dislikes per video (not counting the older dislikes). So yes, this isn't just some random person who dislikes my vid, cause if it is, then it's just gonna be 1 dislike per video, not 8.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just ignore them and let them help you for now. Their dislikes are only seen as interaction so they're helping you. There's nothing you can really do to stop them, so just enjoy their help. They don't realize they're actually giving you a push and if you show no reaction back, then you're not playing into their game.

DreamyE7

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just ignore them and let them help you for now. Their dislikes are only seen as interaction so they're helping you. There's nothing you can really do to stop them, so just enjoy their help. They don't realize they're actually giving you a push and if you show no reaction back, then you're not playing into their game.
That's what I thought, I think I shouldn't make a post or video about it. For now, I removed the user ratings for my videos and it stopped. Although, when I think about it, I don't really mind if my videos doesn't show how many likes or dislikes it has since I just enjoy uploading and sharing vids, I never really done it for the likes :3

Reactions: daniel burgio

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That's what I thought, I think I shouldn't make a post or video about it. For now, I removed the user ratings for my videos and it stopped. Although, when I think about it, I don't really mind if my videos doesn't show how many likes or dislikes it has since I just enjoy uploading and sharing vids, I never really done it for the likes :3
I wouldn't hide anything. Just let it be and they'll disappear. If you hide the rating, they'll know it's working. Of course, that could be used to bait them to keep helping lol. Heck, I'd almost love to get spammed lol. Youtube loves it.