Getting frustrated a bit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everybody for you kind and wise comments. I am feeling much better today as I do realize I don't need subs or views to enjoy youtube. I guess its more I dislike my job lol, but that is changing in about 4 months as we are going to travel the world with our two kids. Exciting and a litte scary!

ASMR Amour

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
<3 don't let things like numbers get to you too much. Just always keep doing what you enjoy. Also always look for ways to improve your channel, and ways to promote your channel that is my only suggestions really :)

stubob30

Reaction score
Can I say Im in agree with you my niece channel is small 87subs I've tried everything promote,merchandise just to kick start and nothing and there is certain youtubers out there that take over and think there god

n0tinus3

Reaction score
Look at my channel to feel better... Almost gave up on youtube and going back to use it just as cloudspace for my vids again. As all the people who's watching my vids are my family and friends anyway... :spin:
The thousands of views are from AdWords by the way. Wanted to have some statistics for analyzing. It was difficult to do with the 3 views from my mom.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you look at smaller channels they 9 out of 10 times have a higher production value. They put out less content, but spend more time honing that content. Those that are big are doing it for the bucks, and they have to push out 2-3 videos a week minimum to maintain their channels. Glad I am not part of that rat race. I couldn't do it. My videos take bare minimum 10 hours to produce. Most of my car review content takes 20 hours. You can't keep that up if you have to put out 3 videos (or even 2 really) a week. I know my content beats the snot out of bigger YouTuber content editing wise. It's a fact. But what is also a fact is that I am small and they are big. So from the viewers perspective this comment will always come across as hating.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I try to think of my growth as a competition not with others, but myself. As long as I can honestly tell myself that I tried and put in effort in whatever it is I am questioning myself about, including youtube. I know that I achieved what I want. I don't mind other channels weather they are bigger or smaller, better or worse. I know if I continue to pursue and try to become a 'better me' I will succeed and I will continue to rise.
Keep going strong man!

Last edited:

YouTube4x4

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks everybody for you kind and wise comments. I am feeling much better today as I do realize I don't need subs or views to enjoy youtube. I guess its more I dislike my job lol, but that is changing in about 4 months as we are going to travel the world with our two kids. Exciting and a litte scary!
Good for your kids. Those experiences are better than any YouTube channel.

aliceromy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
it might seem at first glance they are not worthy of their subscribers but i would recommend to not feel sorry for yourself and really take a proper look at their channels and see what you can learn from. there are a hundred small ways to improve your channel and get people to subscribe. yes it's good to focus on your own channel but we can learn a lot from our 'competitors' too :) there might be a few small things they are doing well such as their end screens or the way they reply to comments or the tags they use, who knows!