Getting First Subscribers and just being a New Youtuber

lanuigi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What strategies have you guys figured out when just starting out fresh to get subscribers? As in breaking in those first few fans

And have you ever not wanted to sub to a channel because you see its brand new without subscribers already?

MidasGaming

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To get started I first showed my friends then I foun this amazing website and got 90% of my fan base from here. Just stay active

BunnyoftheSea

Yttalk's Vanguard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah i showed my friends in real life and my internet friends and then just uploading lots of videos will broaden the spectrum of viewers that will see your stuff, having a good background and getting the availability of thumbnails would be useful to look more professional

THEXREACTER

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
well all i did was promote my channel on social media sites and forums such as this one and by promote i dont mean to SPAM, thats never a good way to get subs. and its ok to sub to channels that dont have any subscribers cause u may never know that channel may end up getting 100 of subscribers and that person could in turn help you to gain those subscribers as well..its all about helping each other :):up: and you have earned a subscriber :D hope u can check out my channel as well :)

MidasGaming

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah i showed my friends in real life and my internet friends and then just uploading lots of videos will broaden the spectrum of viewers that will see your stuff, having a good background and getting the availability of thumbnails would be useful to look more professional
well all i did was promote my channel on social media sites and forums such as this one and by promote i dont mean to SPAM, thats never a good way to get subs. and its ok to sub to channels that dont have any subscribers cause u may never know that channel may end up getting 100 of subscribers and that person could in turn help you to gain those subscribers as well..its all about helping each other :):up: and you have earned a subscriber :D hope u can check out my channel as well :)
Both good pieces of advice

BunnyoftheSea

Yttalk's Vanguard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I also like your background and you also earned a subscriber :D check me out too also and give some feedback, it also matters what games you upload, if you upload like 80's games it probably wont get many views but newer games will bring in a lot of traffic

lanuigi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

When you say, promote on social media, do you mean promote to people already subscribed to your channel and your social media like Facebook,Twitter?

lanuigi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I also like your background and you also earned a subscriber :D check me out too also and give some feedback, it also matters what games you upload, if you upload like 80's games it probably wont get many views but newer games will bring in a lot of traffic
Thanks, I'm following your content as well! I plan to play other games as well. Need to put my Nintendo Wii-U to use since I've been only playing X-box 360 and PC recently lol

BunnyoftheSea

Yttalk's Vanguard
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
When you say, promote on social media, do you mean promote to people already subscribed to your channel and your social media like Facebook,Twitter?
I know you were asking him, but for me i created a twitter just to do some updates so people following me know i have a new video, it also connects with your youtube account so then they know automatically when you have uploaded and such which is useful, facebook really isnt as useful but using twitter and YTTalk is great ways to share

Reactions: lanuigi

MidasGaming

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yes plus social media is good because say you have a fan that has 100 followers and 90 never heard of you if he retweets one of your post about a video those 90 people have now heard of you and may watch your video. That's why you try and get good connections people that will share your videos and stuff like that

Reactions: lanuigi