Getting bored with youtube

TVJunkie93

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was losing interest in my channel for most of this year. Last month, I realized why: it’s bexause I had stopped challenging myself as a video maker. I grew complacent making content designed for the widest audience, instead of taking risks and pushing myself creatively. Once I realized that, the spark returned.

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was on and off so many times. took 2-3 week breaks, from time to time. Now I'm back on the grind and doing videos everyday. got my inspiration from my favorite youtubers.

The_Man_XX

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always take a two month break from making videos each year

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you don't enjoy making content anymore there is no reason to continue, if you think you're just in a 'funk' and you'll move past it sooner or later then keep going but if you're just making yourself unhappy by forcing yourself to make content then don't! (I've been on and off inactive on YouTube this whole month, I think i've posted 2 videos in the past 6 weeks just because I didn't have the drive to make new videos, but now I have new ideas and passion for making them!)
You might want to mix up your content on your channel, maybe you just don't have much interest in what you're doing right now, or I'd also suggest streaming instead since it takes the stress off editing and uploading!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't force it is all I can say. Too many people out there just say "keep at it" when in reality it really doesn't matter if you do or not. The rise to the top happens in the first few months or it will be a slow growth pattern for you as it is for many others including myself. You have to do YouTube because it's fun. It has the potential to hit job status, but it isn't a guarantee at all. If it is clearly in the hobby status it better be fun. If you were relying on it as a job it's a classic case of suck it up buttercup, but since you're not the best thing is to do the stuff you love to do. If YouTube isn't that right now find something that is!

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Happens to me every now and then.
I usually take a break when that happens.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Always. But I keep slogging away for those YT monies.

Scotty Byrd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ive had the same issue than i made another youtube about another niche so switching your channel to another side channel of another niche is great! my first channel was skateboarding it got boring now ive been doing game however now im bored of gaming so im going back to skating have a eggs in different baskets can make it better lol !!

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like many posts have stated before me, dont srop.
I went through a 6 month patch of uploading no content to either of my channels and I am only now putting together my strategy to get both channels back into the swing of things again. I regret it. Perhaps try and mix it up a bit? Change up style of content or method of delivery?

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I recently returned from a near two-months hiatus.

Many reasons; festive season, laziness and the ad revenue that halved and also lack of channel growth.

At least I make way more with my web so I dont really care much.