Getting better YouTube search rankings

shadowenigmatv

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I need a way of my videos being viewed. My videos dont seem to be searched but only viewed by people on forums like this and TGN and Yeousch. Its disappointing that my hard work is not paying off :( any ideas how to go higher in the search bar?

mbeslic

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you tried to put your videos as a video response on similar videos which are viewed by millions ?

TigerXtrm

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Try adding more tags to your videos that roughly have to do with the subject. In case of Minecraft you would have the obvious tags like Minecraft, Xbox, 360. What often helps is adding tags that are indirectly related like Mojang, Building, Blocks, Creative, Let's Play, Playthrough, Creeper, Mobs, House, Night, Torch.

What I like to do is make a little text file on my desktop and create a tag file. I try to come up with as much tags and names as I can that are directly or indirectly related to the video I'm making. For instance I do Half-Life 2 videos. My tag file for those videos currently looks like this:

Half-Life,Valve,Source,Steam,Gordon,Freeman,City,17,teleporter,Dr,Breen,Kleine,Alyx,Vance,Gman,Black,Mesa,First,Person,Shooter,Lets,Play,playthrough,tutorial,walkthrough,Combine,Citadel,Ravenholm,Commentary,Live,antlions,coast,Nova,Prospekt
And now that I'm looking at it I see that I really need to expand it again to cover current episodes where a lot of new stuff has been introduced to the viewer. By using a tag file you can constantly expand your tags when you come up with new ones and easily copy paste them with every new video. Your video will then rank higher in searches when your tags match the search as much as possible. So even when someone is searching for 'Source Tutorial' my video is still listed because those two words are tags in my video.
The second piece of advice would be to be creative with video titles. The title should tell a potential viewer what the video is about. So ask yourself when naming a video 'what is the most prominent thing that happens in this video?'. Then use that and make it a sub-title like the vid in my signature. The video contains the ending for the video game so I named it 'Grand Finale'. For a Minecraft video you could call your first episodes something like 'Building Shelter' 'Getting Iron'. Stuff like that.
Good luck!

CaptainFalcon89

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I wonder what F1 Game video tags to us, Like some assistance with that please.
Doing career mode, season mode and champions mode.