Getting back into it after a long hiatus!?

NervousLatte

I've Got It
Hey guys! Not new here, but given the time frame I kind of feel like it ;w; ... It's been like two years so hi hello :D

SO! If you've taken a long hiatus (or heck even if you haven't) what's your method of getting back into the groove of recording?! I'm only let's playing games, but I feel just as nervous as when I first started (I mean, my channel is just a tiny egg of an egg...of a tiny egg)

any tips and your methods would be appreciated :D

Back from 5 years of hiatus. I was a partnered let's player. Now I do commentary instead on a brand new channel and it's only a week old or so.
What I did to get back into it was to make sure I had all the right and quality equipment. (Which I did since I did streaming in these 5 years. Still stream).

I made a brainstorm chart. What content do I want to create? Then I wrote down pros and cons of my content. It helped me decide what kind of content I can focus mostly on.
I then had a look at my week schedule. When will it be best for me to upload? I found out when the best time for me to record and upload. (Don't forget to put when you upload in your header)

Write down EVERYTHING. Any new topics you wanna talk about? A new game you would like to try out? Write it down. All of it.

Last but not least: Press record on that camera. Never be afraid to fail because those fails will be a part of your YouTube adventure.

Last edited:
As long as you have a good quality which you do, I would think you can just get right back into it without worry if the kind of games you are playing are more casual or stream friendly as opposed to competitive games where people are carrying the competition from game into the comments section lol. I would just continue to pick games that make for an entertaining watch.

To me, the interest in making videos comes and goes away naturally, usually when I'm busy I don't really think about it, but when I am more relaxed the interest in making videos gets back naturally, and I might soon finish a script that has been in hiatus for sooo long.
So the baseline is, don't force yourself, but let the inspiration come to you.
But I feel just as nervous as when I first started
That could definitively be a lack of habit (you come from a long break so you aren't getting into the groove of things yet) so you will get confidence back by doing it, and there may be some kind of personality factor as well. A shy or introvert person won't surely sound steaming with energy from the first time.
And on a final note, what about diversifying content a little, maybe trying something new or something more challenging may give you that extra boost.

Just two weeks ago I broke my 6 month break after college got in the way. To get back in the grove I had to hit summer and am currently trying to make enough videos ahead of time that I’ll have enough time even with being a full time student and part time working to make a video. That way I can just schedule upload them and be set.

I was getting ready to film on May 12 this year when I fell 12 feet off of the timber frame build I've been building solo on yt for over a year and shattered my ankle. I was uploading 5 to 7 videos a week, channel was growing steadily with over 13k subs and everything came to a halt. I'm just now starting to get some out again but it is not easy doing it on crutches. Focus has been hard for me lately. Good luck with it, just don't treat it like you have to do it, do it because it is fun.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I'm back again (in English) after a three year hiatius.
The first thing I did was to create a new banner and avatar, as well as making a thumbnail template that I will use for all of my videos. Then I thought about what games I would like to cover, chose a couple ones and started recording them. The most difficult part (for me) was to speak English again after such a long time. I feel like I am talking gibberish a lot, haha.

But I had a clear idea in my head of what I wanted to do. I spent a couple days thinking and preparing before I started recording.

I'm back from a year long hiatus as I have resumed uploading on my same channel. Though I was absent for a full year and one day, my views and subscribers continued at a surprising rate considering.

I now plan to try and post at least once per week and hope to see my numbers continue to grow.

I will continue with countdowns as per the original design of my channel. Though I will be adding a new short segment that I hope will go over well, .

Really looking forward to reaching my new goals of 5,000 subscribers and 10,000,000 views, .

In the meantime, I wish you all luck on reaching your goals as well, .

I'm coming back from a hiatus as well. The initial goal coming back was to post a music video one day a week and a talking video on another day of the week. But since sticking with things and forming a habit tends to be an issue for me, and music videos are very time consuming, I took that goal and cut it in half. Posting a music video one week then a talking video the following week and continuing that pattern. Sure, the hope is to eventually do the two videos a week. But maybe trying to ease into that by sticking to a simpler schedule first.

Like I said, I'm just trying this myself hopefully it works for me. But just thought maybe easing into it is better than trying to do too much and getting frustrated. Good luck!

Tell me about it! Although my hiatus pales in comparison with yours, it's still unusual for me to not post a video for a month or two. I have been taking multiple hiatus' the longest one lasting about 6 months. Around a few months ago I barely started getting back around the swing of things and started posting multiple times a week, but I haven't posted even once the last month because of a lot of things. But i'm back! and stronger than ever! lol.

If you're serious about youtube'ing' than I'd suggest maybe making a schedule with goals, and if not a schedule, make a general plan. For example maybe saying that you want to have x amount of views or subscribers by x, and/or that you want to post at least x amount of times per week etc.
It's really helped me!

Welcome back! XD

Back