getting angry!

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
so I posted a hitman absolution walkthru a few days ago for thisismyjoystick.com and it went fine (uploaded onto their YT acc from UK). then I did another one. it went fine. then I uploaded SAME video to my acc and sq. enix came down with a "world wide" takedown of said video and YT took my ability to upload 15min+ videos. WTF?! seriously is this happening?! (no difference between our accounts, except I have adsense and they don't)

then another stupid occurance today (EA is getting out of hand with its claims). I uploaded a breakdown.commentary of the BF3 Aftermath release trailer. EA claimed copyright. fine. I deleted video, took out audio from trailer completely (it was as it was covered with my commentary so EA should STFU). matched content AGAIN!? WTF! I did this many times just to see what sets off the claim. took out audio in 1 version, even put a black rectangle on top of screen once to see if it's the video. nothing helped. finally after lots of Russian swearing I uploaded it as it is - even w/o monetization. *sadface meme*

please help make sense of this. am I screwed for the rest of my account's life? will no partner take me now? what do I do? should I do anything?

oh and if you want the intro - ask me I'll do one for ya...

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no I did not get a strike from this - just my account was penalized in "content ID claims" was NOT IN GOOD STANDING and YT took away my ability to upload 15+ min videos. this was remedied by deleting the video in question. BUT! I maintain this was a COMMENTARY and sq. enix was being an a-hole. moreso, I've seen HMA walkthroughs go down on really big channels too. for example I favorited a HMA walkthru by I think it was one of the devs. either that or someone big, it had like 400k views. watched that a few times. the next day it was "deleted due to a copyright claim by sq. enix". still others do HMA walkthrus just fine. tetraninja for example. this is SAD to say the least.

Losoyo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
no I did not get a strike from this - just my account was penalized in "content ID claims" was NOT IN GOOD STANDING and YT took away my ability to upload 15+ min videos. this was remedied by deleting the video in question. BUT! I maintain this was a COMMENTARY and sq. enix was being an a-hole. moreso, I've seen HMA walkthroughs go down on really big channels too. for example I favorited a HMA walkthru by I think it was one of the devs. either that or someone big, it had like 400k views. watched that a few times. the next day it was "deleted due to a copyright claim by sq. enix". still others do HMA walkthrus just fine. tetraninja for example. this is SAD to say the least.
Sue them for violation of the Fair Use clause.. This is said assuming you have thousands upon tens of thousands of dollars you don't want or need to spend on attorney fees ;P

Crawlerz

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sue them for violation of the Fair Use clause.. This is said assuming you have thousands upon tens of thousands of dollars you don't want or need to spend on attorney fees ;P
you don't have to be sarcastic mate. I was in the s**t when I saw YT "demoted" me. thankfully it wasn't permanent, but still - that means I'll avoid HMA for walkthrus...

KingDenzel92

Reaction score
Commentating over video doesn't just let you have copyright and allow you to monetize these videos. Alot of gaming channels have this issue. If you going to have a gaming video you have to commentate plus avoid having in game audio and most importantly you have to avoid clip scenes and trailers completely that's where you'll get yourself in the most trouble. The only thing they really allow is commentated gameplay without the cut-scene movies. Also If your your not partnered your likely to keep having copyright issues, like most other game commentators who aren't with a network.

Losoyo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
you don't have to be sarcastic mate. I was in the s**t when I saw YT "demoted" me. thankfully it wasn't permanent, but still - that means I'll avoid HMA for walkthrus...
You mis understand me, my friend. Any sarcasm is towards the copyright system and not you. It is true that if they DMCA you and you counter, you would have to go up against a conglomeration of lawyers - when, you can probably be in the right. Fair Use is wonderful! However, being it's advocate in the judicial system against big money is not :/ I'm sorry I came off in a demeaning manor to you.