Getting a few comments is exciting

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Sometimes when I upload I get 0 comments and other times I at least get 2 or more, even though I have 300 subscribes they dont comeback and watch it. I only get around 10 views or less after 2 days of uploading.
The point is if i get a new comment for someone it motivates me to post more .

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

mycrapbook

Reaction score
I can speak for myself. I find myself commenting alot on videos if the video made me feel anything, or was intresting/funny etc. Also depends on what mood im in. Sometimes i just do it becouse someone asked me to in or outside the video. :)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sometimes when I upload I get 0 comments and other times I at least get 2 or more, even though I have 300 subscribes they dont comeback and watch it. I only get around 10 views or less after 2 days of uploading.
The point is if i get a new comment for someone it motivates me to post more .
I feel you 100%! I feel like I'm in the exact same boat as you, I don't get very many views consistently compared to my sub count, but I always always feel happier when I get a constructive comment on one of my videos!
I think comments are my favourite thing, to be honest!

sledrunner31

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It certainly is! It always seems to come in bunches. When I get a new comment I can pretty much expect to get a few more right away, then none for a week or 2. A lot of YT stats seem to be that way.

GreyStreetGirl

Blue Haired Chubby Kid
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From what I've seen, most subscribers don't actually come back to watch a channel's content. Big YouTubers have a sub base that is loyal, but for us small-timers, it really does take quite a while to get people who will repeatedly come back to see you. That's why it's so important to respond and interact with those who do comment. I used to think it would be weird to reply to them, but now I realize that if I want to create a relationship with my viewers I need to actually reach back out to them.

Archieonic

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It is the best feeling isn't it? I've been getting a ton of comments both from new subscribers and old subscribers. Of course, the views do not match up to the subscriber count, but each and every one of those subscribers that take the time to comment is your hero early on. The more I reply to them, the more they keep commenting on each new video every day. Make sure to let them know you care about them, and make them feel like they are the most important part of your day, because after all, they are your pillars. They take time to watch your video, to like it, and even comment on a small channel that is trying to get out there. They deserve to be showered in replies. Just my 2 cents.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I love gettiig comments as well, but sometimes I get mainly requests for videos and I'd like to know what they thought of the video they are commenting on. It can be a little disappointing.

blacktigerpride

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can relate man. I always like to get feedback from a video. It doesn't matter if its positive or negative, it makes me set a concrete idea of what the viewers want. Its also satisfying to have conversations and build a bond with them as well.

Reactions: Josephruben1999

Column 1

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Well if that's what it takes to get you going, encourage your viewers to engage with you, and don't feel shy to ask them to comment, I have done so in the past and have had great feedback. Thank you and have an AWESOME day!

Reactions: goodnatured kitty