Get views without social media

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How do people get views without social media? I have 8 video's up and i recently started posting again and I've done everything in the book and the views are not going up! what am i doing wrong?

Roy Jameson

Reaction score
Are you using as many tags as you can for each video? And are the Tags relevant to the content in the video?[DOUBLEPOST=1501897621,1501897248][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, I just checked out your channel and noticed you have 3 recent videos and the rest have been up for a while. I understand that because I've been gone for a while too. From what I've seen, the channels that have the most views and subscribers post at least every week.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't really have social media. I have a twitter, insta, facebook and google+ account but don't really use them. When you upload videos it asks if you want to upload them to twitter and google+ so I do that and that's basically it. I think it depends on your audience. My channel, as I'm sure you've already guessed, is for teens (which of course also means those wanting to be a teen!) and I think probably half of my audience uses social media and half is too young. I don't really know. But it IS possible to get some views without social media help.
And yes, as stated above, I do think that consistency plays a major role in views.

HiddenVoices

SCP Foundation Researcher
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A combination of proper tags, titles, descriptions and thumbnails are very important! For example, there are tools online that allow you to check which tags (and other tags related to them) have the most searched-for percentage versus how often they are used, giving you an average percent of how effective a tag might be for your video. Checking out these stats may seem like a bit of a pain, but considering it's ideal to use between 5-7 per video, it's not that much work.

Titles are the same way. Catchy ones, relevant to your subject matter. Descriptions as well, and try to use some of the aforementioned tags in the description in a paragraph describing what your video is about. Thumbnails are very important too. Titles placed away from the time stamp (so the words aren't blocked in feeds), nice design, unique fonts. Something eye-catching.

Commenting on videos relevant to your channel and engaging in that community on YT via collaborations are great too.

Reactions: DictionaryWrites

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have very few views from social media. I've targeted search terms on games that had low competition and "medium" demand. I can only speak for video games, but figuring out how many people are playing something vs how many YouTubers are covering it can be kind of critical if you want to target search.

Perhaps if you understand what kinds of makeup videos work, you can take that and apply that to new popular products, or products that you think have potential. I basically take the same kinds of ideas that worked well for other games and reapply them to new games. I took an idea from my mobile channel that always works with opening premium chests, and I applied it to a new PC game and it actually got me some views in a crowded field of channels.

You have some good video ideas, tutorials are always a good idea but I would be wary of the fact that the beauty market is filled with lots of generic tutorials so being as specific as possible to grab other keywords might be some advice.

*Also it will probably take more than 8 videos. I would create lots, because if you do get a hit people will go back and watch your other videos if they are related to the one that did well. You want a catalog of beauty videos.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hmmm, I kinda thought all the big ones also had Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Patreon, Twitch and whatever else, not just Youtube alone. But yeah, putting good descriptive tags would also be a good help.

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmmm, I kinda thought all the big ones also had Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Patreon, Twitch and whatever else, not just Youtube alone. But yeah, putting good descriptive tags would also be a good help.
But I would bet that the big channels were big on youtube first, which then grew their social media. I'm sure it's not the other way around very often.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone for the good advice, i'll be more consistent with the video's and see how it goes.

Ryan Ng

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Don't look at the views. That is the product of doing what you love. Instead of promoting make sure your videos are good. I see so many people make the mistake of promoting their videos before they are even good. Instead look at how you can improve on your videos.
I'm not blindly saying this either. I was once in many of these people's shoes. Looking for views and numbers and Im pretty sure that got me into a depression. Now I make videos for fun. I have literally no subscribers, but I'm making videos that I like and I know that eventually my hard work is going to show up.
So don't worry bout the numbers.