Get involved

R A Jones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi all, feel free to lock this thread and point me towards another if this has been brought up already.

I’ve been in and off uploading content for a while, I’ve been doing guitar covers with some original songs for a while and haven’t been uploading anywhere near the amount I once did.
I’m pretty sure the reason wasn’t because of lack of views but instead, I didn’t feel that involved with others.

I’ve tried collaborating and getting in contact with other musicians, which I’ll be honest never worked, and I wanted to get more involved with the viewers/subscribers I had but had no idea how to do so...

Does anyone have any ideas for venturing outside of just recording myself playing songs?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
You could always do a Q & A with your subscribers. It does get them to then therefore comment cause some will want you to notice them and talk directly to them by answering their questions.

I haven't had much luck myself since so many people never do actually comment. But you do get a few of loyal followers and friends whom support you and want to help you. So it's a good place to start once you have enough subscribers. Anyways best of luck! =]

Krisfire

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Director
You could try and include the audience with picking new songs or by doing how to videos for the songs you play. I ask the audience questions and sometimes I get responses and sometimes I don't. It depends on the question, the retention of the video and generally if its a general question (When did you start X) vs a specific question. (How would you do X)