General question about adsense/monetization for new channel

Hey gang. New youtuber here and new to the forums. I have a question I have wanted to ask for some time about this. I am not here to make big money from youtube, but just want the right approach.

A couple years ago I posted two videos, trailer reactions, about Star Wars The Force Awakens in specific and they got about 8000+ views in total. About a month ago I decided to launch my reaction channel about trailer reactions and film discussion in general.

Anyway, I went ahead and monetized after I passed 10,000 views. The question is, should I be monetizing at this early stage. I have read that there is pros and cons to both. And, if the answer is no, should I/would it be smart to go and de-monetize all my videos and do it at a later time? or if I have already begun I should leave it etc.

Looking for best advice here thank you!!

Well obviously it's up to you :) pros is yes you get money out of it but honestly not a lot. Cons is some viewers hate the ads that get put on your videos (depending on what ads you choose) unless they have an ad blocker which then becomes a con to you. Adsense/monetisation isn't really too much of a big deal to worry about or stress about....

H i JohnnyL.
I have an idea which you could at least do as well as. Instead of focusing too much on Adsense, join Amazon affiliate because they sell videos /films. Just because they aren't delivered in a box doesn't mean they are not a product. You can still earn money from their digital products also. Drive traffic to relevant page using the links they provide for you and even if they don't buy /download the film they may stay on Amazon and buy something else which you would also earn commission for. I guess they won't sell films yet for the ones you review as you review trailers from what I've seen. But maybe you can find someway for that to work for you.

Back