GeForce Experience for recording?!?

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I found out that my GPU was compatible with Shadowplay otherwise known as Geforce Experience feature. How the the share button cannot be turned on. I have tried numerous 'fixes' while browsing the internet, to no avail. Has any of you had this issue?

ItsKJ

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use Shadowplay for every single one of my videos

What GPU do you have, for starters?

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Kjay, Ndivia ASUS TURBO-GTX1060-6G, the Software recognises it as 'GeForce GTX 1060 6GB'.

To give you an idea, Every time I install GeForce Experience, some files go to my ProgramFiles and others go to my ProgramFilesx86. I was thinking maybe it can create a conflict or something.

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I just built my computer and managed to get Shadowplay working without a hitch. What GPU do you have? Also, can you describe the issue a bit further?

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Pawsitive, I made a video about it on my channel, but basically, when clicking the share button, it says 'Unable to open share' and when I try to activate the share button on my settings, it says 'That didn't work, try restarting the system'

Last edited:

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Huh, that's odd. Question for ya! Do you NEED Shadowplay? I've been recording with OBS and the NVENC codec that comes with Nvidia graphic cards. You basically set it up in OBS with your desired recording bit rate and you're good to go. It even has the added benefit of separating your game/mic volume into separate tracks for ease in editing later. I've been using this method for recording gameplay and it's been working wonders. Using the NVENC codec is basically the same as Shadowplay.

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have been using OBS until now, with NVENC Codec enabled for recording but I have crazy FPS drops in GTA V compared to other graphically demanding games like Rocket League. With Rocket League I get a constant 60 fps Whereas with GTA V, my fps goes down to 10-15, with low settings.

I didn't know the NVENC came from the GPU itself, btw, i just kept experimenting on OBS, trying to find the best settings. What is the best bitrate for a recording?

Super Pawsitive

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I have been using OBS until now, with NVENC Codec enabled for recording but I have crazy FPS drops in GTA V compared to other graphically demanding games like Rocket League. With Rocket League I get a constant 60 fps Whereas with GTA V, my fps goes down to 10-15, with low settings.

I didn't know the NVENC came from the GPU itself, btw, i just kept experimenting on OBS, trying to find the best settings. What is the best bitrate for a recording?
Best bitrate is subjective. Though I use 25000 KBps. (Roughly 25Mbps) for high quality recordings, and then upload to YouTube with a rendered file with no more than 16Mbps (Since YouTube horribly degrades quality anyways).

James Doppler

Sir Trollingsworth the 7th
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other

GTAV is very taxing on system resources, depending on what settings you use. I found that even custom radio tracks caused a framerate hit. I think it was MSAA that was the biggest drain, though. You may have to turn the graphics down a tad. I wasn't even recording when I experienced most of these issue.

This is a good reference for bitrates and formatting.
support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en

Thunderbird

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Best bitrate is subjective. Though I use 25000 KBps. (Roughly 25Mbps) for high quality recordings, and then upload to YouTube with a rendered file with no more than 16Mbps (Since YouTube horribly degrades quality anyways).
Ok, got it. Though I have to say, I was convinced Geforce would provide me better quality than OBS would.

GTAV is very taxing on system resources, depending on what settings you use. I found that even custom radio tracks caused a framerate hit. I think it was MSAA that was the biggest drain, though. You may have to turn the graphics down a tad. I wasn't even recording when I experienced most of these issue.

This is a good reference for bitrates and formatting.
support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en
I turned the graphics quite low already, I'll see what I can turn down again. Good reference you got here! Thanks!